EA Sports have released the third set of Icon Swaps in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team FUT, featuring some top-level cards like 91 Zinedine Zidane, 92 Paolo Maldini, and 86 Ruud Gullit.
Icon Swaps are FIFA 20's version of Icon SBCs from last year, allowing players to get their hands on some high-rated legends that otherwise might be too expensive in the market.
Throughout the course of this year's game, at the start of every in-game season, EA are releasing a full set of these cards, which players can work towards by grinding the game.
Set #3, released on March 13, features 21 Icons in total – a mix of Base, Middle, Prime, and Prime Moments, which were released in FUT 20 not too long ago.
In order to unlock them, players must complete specific in-game objectives to get Tokens that can be used to redeem one more of the cards.
The Icons vary in terms of how many Tokens it takes to unlock them; for this set, 10 of them are in the 6-13 Token bracket, 10 are in the 15-20, and the top-three cost 21+.
FIFA 20 Icon Swaps #3 Token costs
Here is how many Tokens each Icon in this third set of Swaps costs to unlock:
- 91 Zidane - 23
- 94 Garrincha - 21
- 94 Carlos Alberto - 21
- 94 Cannavaro - 20
- 92 Petit - 19
- 95 Maradona - 19
- 92 Riquelme - 18
- 93 Bergkamp - 16
- 92 Rush - 16
- 90 Dalglish - 16
- 91 Kaka - 15
- 92 Maldini - 13
- 92 Lampard - 10
- 86 Gullit - 10
- 92 Overmars - 10
- 94 Puyol - 9
- 92 Laudrup - 9
- 90 Gattuso - 7
- 92 Trezeguet - 7
- 91 Litmanen - 6
There's also a Prime Icon Pack that can be redeemed for 9 Tokens, giving you a chance to pack any of the Prime Icon cards that are in the game.
FIFA 20 Icon Swaps #3 Token Objectives
Once again, there will be 24 Tokens available in total for this third set of Icon Swaps, split over two separate releases. The first 12 Tokens are now available and can be obtained by completing the requirements listed in the Season Objectives section.
There are three categories of Objectives:
- Icon Swaps Online (5)
- Win four Rivals matches using nine First Owner players from the Premier League
- Win four Rivals matches using nine First Owner players from Ligue 1
- Win four Rivals matches using nine First Owner players from Serie A
- Win four Rivals matches using nine First Owner players from Bundesliga
- Win four Rivals matches using nine First Owner players from LaLiga
- Icon Swaps Online II (3)
- Win five Rivals matches with 11 UCL-themed players
- Win five Rivals matches with 11 First Owner players
- Win 12 FUT Champs matches
- Icon Swaps Single Player (4)
- Win six Squad Battles matches on min. Legendary difficulty with 11 Brazilian players
- Win five Squad Battles matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 Japanese players
- Win five Squad Battles matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 CONMEBOL players
- Win five Squad Battles matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 Liga NOS
Prime Moments Schmeichel removed
Shortly after Icon Swaps #3 was released, EA removed Prime Moments Peter Schmeichel from the available players because his Base version had already been featured in the first set.
"Peter Schmeichel has been removed from Icon Swaps 3, as he was included in Icon Swaps 1," they announced. "We have taken the decision to remove him from Icon Swaps 3 in case some players would have made different selections in Icon Swaps 1 if they knew there was the potential to get him in Icon Swaps 2 or 3."
The card will not be replaced, instead, Set #3 will feature only 20 cards, despite there being two goalkeepers – Yashin and Lehmann – who were not included in any of the Swaps this FIFA.
— FIFA Direct Communication (@EAFIFADirect) March 13, 2020
So, as always, which Icon Swaps you go for is totally up to you. You can get all of the Tokens and save them to get one of the higher-level cards, or you can split your haul between two, maybe even three players.
Remember, that Prime Icon Pack can also yield something great, so it's definitely worth considering that as an option when spending your Tokens.