FIFA 19 title update 3 is now available on PC, with console to follow next week. Pitch Notes/patch details including gameplay fixes on: shooting, defensive pressure and goalkeepers; FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) updates, new starheads and career mode…
As many of you will know, the EA SPORTS FIFA team have come under particular scrutiny as of late. Many people within the FUT community have been rather vocal about their displeasure regarding the current state of the game, ranging from failing servers to obvious gameplay issues.
As a result of this tirade of criticism, Electronic Arts have made a point of being more transparent in their efforts to fix these problems. This information regarding the latest FIFA update patch can be found below thanks to their latest Pitch Notes article. We remind you that FIFA 19 title update 3 is already live for all PC players, and is confirmed to arrive on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 next week.
FIFA 19 Starheads Update | New Player Faces (November 6 2018)
Since the release of FIFA 19 many users have complained about shooting mechanics being overpowered, particularly in the FUT Champions Weekend League. As a result of this third FIFA patch update, the effectiveness of first time finesse shots has been nerfed.
Not only this, the angle of which a player approaches a shot, in relation to the target, also has more of a bearing on accuracy. All this, as well as the effectiveness of defensive pressure in various positions has been adjusted. Full details on goalkeeper updates, FUT fixes (Division Rivals in particular) and complete list of new starheads (player faces) can be seen below…
More: FUT Division Rivals Rewards for FIFA 19 Ultimate Team
The following changes to gameplay have been made:
- Adjustments have been made to the effectiveness of first time finesse shots - when the ball is coming from behind the shooting player, between 135 and 225 degrees. (0 degrees is the direction the player is facing).
- Shots from these positions now have a higher chance to be impacted by error. This will result in potentially less accuracy, ball speed and ball spin.
- When the incoming ball angle is 180 degrees, the most significant impact will be seen. Scaling reduced impact will be seen up to an incoming ball angle of 135 degrees and 225 degrees on either side.
- Adjustments have been made to the impact of defensive pressure on a player taking a shot:
- The impact of defensive pressure on a shooting player when it is coming from in front of the shooting player has been increased.
- The impact of defensive pressure on a shooting player when it is coming from behind the shooting player has been reduced .
- Reduced chance that a shot which was correctly aimed into the net, targeting a location near to the post, would miss in a shooting scenario where the attacking player is not being pressured defensively and is not off balance.
- Reduction of players getting pushed off the ball too easily when dribbling, particularly in situations where the defending player was pressuring the attacking player from the side. Attacking players will now be marginally more effective at holding defending players off.
- This change will be scaled based on the strength stat of the attacking player, with stronger players noticing the most significant results from this change.
- Adjustments have been made to the speed by which an attacking player, who has just lost possession to a successful tackle, is able to recover the ball.
- A minor reduction has been made to the acceleration of a player directly after using the Open Up Fake Shot skill move.
- Online matches will now display the Timed Finishing indicators of your opponent.
- This will only appear for Very Early (red), Early (yellow) or Great (green) shots. Late (gray) shots will not be visible, including any shot where the player didn't use a Timed Finish.
The following issues with gameplay have been addressed:
- Low driven shots will no longer result in a chip shot.
- Players in better positions will now win headers more frequently, other players will no longer warp in front of them.
- In aerial situations the issue of late player switching, or players unable to switch at all, has been addressed.
- A first time thigh trap was resulting in the player receiving the ball slowing down too much, directly after making the trap.
- Goalkeepers were occasionally kicking the ball forward instead of correctly picking it up.
- Rarely, keepers were not diving to intercept the ball after a cross ended up close to them.
- Keepers were sometimes unresponsive to a penalty kick shot directly at them or very close to them.
- Keepers were occasionally kicking a powered up first time lob pass too soft and low, resulting in a loss of possession.
- Penalty takers are now no longer able to play the ball directly after hitting the post or bar (without the keeper touching it) in a penalty kick situation during a match.
- User controlled players are no longer able to push the keeper out of the way during a free kick.
- Keepers are no longer as easy to move.
- Keepers will now attempt to return to their original position after being moved.
- Offsides will now be called if an attacking player is interfering with the keeper during a free kick, if they are in an offside position.
- Defenders will no longer cause interference to keepers by following their mark into the goal.
- Balls heading towards an open net will no longer be attacked an offside player, providing the attacking user presses the Cancel controls.
- Paul Pogba will now perform the correct run up animation when taking long free kicks.
FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT)
The following changes to FUT have been made:
- We have made changes to the Division Rivals pre-match flow in an effort to reduce the difficulty of some players finding a match.
- Your team will now always be displayed on the left side, and your opponent will always be displayed on the right side, regardless of which team is Home or Away, on the following screens:
- Team Select screen.
- Kit Select screen.
- Match Preview screen.
- On the Kit Select screen, both teams will now default to the kit assigned as their Home Kit.
- When on the Team Management screen, your team's crest will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
- The following changes have been made to Roles section of Dynamic Tactics within FUT:
- When using the Auto-Assign Player Roles button, the impact of chemistry on a player's attributes will now be taken into consideration when assigning players.
- When attributes are being displayed on this screen, the impact of chemistry on those attributes will also be shown when viewing this screen in the FUT Squad screen.
- We have hidden the attributes being displayed on this screen when it is accessed during the pre-match flow in all FUT modes due to an issue that we are working to resolve in a future title update when available.
- When viewing this screen in the Team Management screen via the Pause Menu in a FUT Offline Mode, such as FUT Squad Battles, the attributes will still be showing their values without the impact of chemistry, something we are working to resolve in a future title update when available.
The following issues with FUT have been addressed:
- Stability issue in FUT Friendly Seasons if your opponent backs out of the pre-match flow while on the Kit Select screen.
- Stability issue after watching a FUT Champions Channel replay.
- When swapping your FUT Squad Manager, the contract percentage bonus provided by the new manager was not applying until the player logged out and logged back into the FUT Servers.
- The Match Earnings leaderboard sometimes was displaying the incorrect value for some players.
- One of the Starter Objectives referenced a feature not present in FIFA 19.
- Stability issue if a player exited and entered the same screen repeatedly.
The following changes to career mode have been made:
- When managing a club within the Hyundai A-League, you will no longer be automatically fired after completing your first match.
- Selling a player assigned as a Quick Sub was causing the following problems:
- When using the in-game Team Sheet, players were unable to leave the Team Management screen.
- Visual issues on the associated Team Sheet when viewed in the Squad Hub.
Visual / Presentation
The following visual / presentation changes have been made:
- Added the assets for 50 new player and manager starheads.
- Server side changes are required before these starheads will be available for use in game - we'll update you via Twitter when these become available.
- Updates to a number of team kits and crests.
The following visual / presentation issues have been addressed:
- The Cockerel displayed in Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is now correctly looking to the east.
- Sometimes, player models were appearing in the background after exiting a match.
- Sometimes, a white box would appear in the background after exiting a match.
*Note – The following issue has been identified with this patch, we are working to resolve in a future title update when and if available.
- During a match, when bringing up the ‘Select Kick Taker’ overlay during a Set Piece situation, it is possible for the attributes of a player to be displayed as over 99.
- This issue is visual only, the maximum attribute value in terms of gameplay impact is 99.
- This issue can occur in all non-FUT modes within FIFA 19.
- This issue would only occur if the player was receiving a form boost that would cause the impacted attribute to exceed 99.
FIFA 19 Starheads Update | New Player Faces (November 6 2018)
- Diego Costa (Atlético de Madrid)
- Leon Balogun (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Bernardo Fernandes (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Mathias Normann (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Joe Bennett (Cardiff City)
- Neil Etheridge (Cardiff City)
- Kadeem Harris (Cardiff City)
- Sean Morrison (Cardiff City)
- Josh Murphy (Cardiff City)
- Callum Paterson (Cardiff City)
- Joe Ralls (Cardiff City)
- Bobby Reid (Cardiff City)
- Daniel Arzani (Celtic)
- Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
- Fabricio Agosto Ramírez (Fulham)
- Floyd Ayité (Fulham)
- Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham)
- Joe Bryan (Fulham)
- Tom Cairney (Fulham)
- Ibrahima Cissé (Fulham)
- Stefan Johansen (Fulham)
- Neeskens Kebano (Fulham)
- Maxime Le Marchand (Fulham)
- Kevin McDonald (Fulham)
- Denis Odoi (Fulham)
- Jean Michaël Seri (Fulham)
- Steven Sessegnon (Fulham)
- Joshua Bohui (Manchester United)
- Jesse Lingard (Manchester United)
- Danny Batth (Middlesbrough)
- Yoshinori Mutō (Newcastle United)
- Morgan Sanson (Olympique de Marseille)
- Presnel Kimpembe (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Enzo Fernández (Rayo Majadahonda)
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
- Stefano Sturaro (Sporting CP)
- Son Heung-Min (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Marc Navarro Ceciliano (Watford)
- Benny Ashley-Seal (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Willy Boly (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Rúben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Matt Doherty (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- João Moutinho (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Léo Bonatini (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Ivan Cavaleiro (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Romain Saïss (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Diogo Jota (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Slaviša Jokanović (Manager)
- Neil Warnock (Manager)
Are the EA SPORTS FIFA team taking a step in the right direction with this latest FIFA update patch? Get in touch and let us know your thoughts on this FIFA 19 title update 3.