Escape From Tarkov 12.5 patch notes: Therapist service & framerate fix
Escape from Tarkov developers Battlestate Games have revealed what has been added coming in the newest update, patch 12.5 – with a few long-awaited changes finally hitting the live servers.
Even though the hype generated around Escape from Tarkov because of all the Twitch drops in early 2020 has faded a bit, the shooter and looter’s hardcore fanbase is still running raids.
In recent weeks, Battlestate has made changes to these raids with previous patches and with fans expecting a new update, they’ve revealed what has been added in the 12.5 patch. Although the patch has changed some popular features and mechanics, there are also a few highly anticipated changes dropping into Tarkov.
One of those long-awaited changes will come in the form of tweaks and optimization for optics. Players have noted that using a scope can tank their frame rate, and although some have found workarounds, things are officially changing. Variable zoom is also coming into play, though mouse sensitivity will play a part in that.
There is also the addition of a ‘Therapist’ service following a raid. This will allow you to heal your character as soon as the raid ends, while also seeing which parts of the body you didn’t treat while they were damaged.
However, one change that should impact the playstyle of some raids will see players unable to use a new item until the use of a previous one is completed.
To some players, this suggests that there will be no more reloading and healing at the same, though, Battlestate hasn’t specified if this will be the case just yet.
When is the EFT 12.5 update?
Players had speculated that update 12.5 would drop at the start of May, however, the game went down for three hours so that it could receive the new update on Monday, April 27.
The full patch notes, including bug fixes, for the 12.5 update can be found below, via Reddit.
Escape from Tarkov update 12.5 patch notes
- Redesigned part of the optics functionality, which reduces the occurrence of errors and on some PC configurations gives an increase in performance while aiming.
- Fixed some subsystems that could cause short-term freezes.
- Various minor performance improvements
- New Therapist service – quick treatment, available at the end of a raid. Allows you to heal the character immediately after the raid, as well as shows the sources of damage in untreated parts of the body in the raid.
- “Hideout” and “main menu” are added to the panel at the bottom of the screen for quick access
- In-game color correction settings (post-fx)
- Various improvements to the UI layout
- Added dependence of mouse sensitivity on the multiplicity of optics
- Fixed one of the bugs where the grenade and its explosion were not visible
- Fixed a bug with the missing image in optics after reconnect
- Fixed a bug displaying the movement of the bots in the third person
- Fixed a bug where money could be spent on insurance from the character’s inventory, and not from the stash
- Fixed a bug that blocked the entire interface when calling the context menu
- Fixed one of the bugs that caused the player to see the “Leaving the game” error before the end of the raid
- Bolt-action sniper rifles have a shot sound delay removed
- Fixed a bug where the sharpness setting was reset
- Fixed an exploit with a door pushing the player out at an Interchange that allowed you to get into a locked pharmacy
- Fixed a bug with displaying the map if you zoom in and out
- Fixed incorrect display of a third-person grenade throw
- Adjusted the position of the weapon behind the character’s back
- Fixed a minor bug that turned on the flashlight when getting into the Hideout
- Fixed cursor position offset when dragging windows (inspector menu\looting interfaces) for 2K resolution
- Fixed a bug that left the inspector window open if you close it via ESC
- Fixed a bug where aspect ratio changed every time the game was launched
- Fixed a bug where the stock of weapons in the inventory does not fold if the player is holding a melee weapon
- Fixed a bug where the context menu on the map screen disappeared
- Various bug fixes on locations
- Many different fixes in the interfaces
- Various bug fixes for AI behavior
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
- Location map moved from the matching screen to a separate button
- Now, when using items, the use of the new item is blocked until the use of the previous one is completed