WWE and UFC complete merger to create $21 billion company


Vince McMahon’s WWE brand has completed its merger with UFC parent company Endeavor Group, with a reported price of over $9.3 billion being paid to scoop up the pro wrestling company.

It had previously been reported by CNBC that the WWE had been in “advanced talks” with UFC parent company Endeavour Group about handing over the reins to a new buyer, following claims that Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund wanted to scoop it up.

Article continues after ad

Well, as of April 3, it has now been confirmed that Endeavor has purchased 51% of World Wrestling Entertainment, with WWE shareholders then maintaining the remaining 49% of the company.

The price for the pro wrestling company is around $9.3 billion, with the merger taking Endeavor’s two sports companies to a value of around $21 billion.

WWE and UFC merge finally happened

Endeavor boss Ari Emanuel will act as chief executive for Endeavor’s new brand, with Vince McMahon continuing to serve as executive chairman of the WWE. It’s unknown if McMahon will return to his previous role in running day-to-day operations for WWE’s shows.

Article continues after ad

With the two wrestling juggernauts serving under one banner, personnel changes are always a possibility. However, Endeavor President Mark Shapiro will also work in the same role at the new company. Dana White will remain as president of UFC, while WWE CEO Nick Khan will serve as president of the wrestling business.

This news comes following the largest event of the year for WWE, WrestleMania, which finished up on April 2nd. On the first night, content creator and PRIME creator Logan Paul lost his first match for the company after a gutsy performance against one of the best in Seth Rollins.

Article continues after ad

With the two fighting brands under the same company, this could mean more collaborations and crossovers between the two might be on the horizon. However, time will tell how exactly this potential deal plays out.

For all the latest entertainment news and updates, be sure to check out Dexerto’s full coverage here.

Related Topics