T-Series allegedly seeking court order to remove PewDiePie’s diss tracks from YouTube - Dexerto
Entertainment

T-Series allegedly seeking court order to remove PewDiePie’s diss tracks from YouTube

Published: 10/Apr/2019 22:53 Updated: 10/Apr/2019 22:56

by Virginia Glaze

Share


YouTube king Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg and Bollywood label T-Series are in the midst of a heated battle to become the most subscribed channel on YouTube – but it looks like T-Series is turning their race up a notch.

According to entertainment and law website IPRMENTLAW, T-Series sought out a court order from the Delhi High Court to remove PewDiePie’s ‘Bitch Lasagna’ and ‘Congratulations’ diss racks from YouTube.

The alleged court order ruled in favor of T-Series’ complaint against the YouTuber, claiming that Kjellberg’s songs were “defamatory, disparaging, insulting, and offensive,” and noted that comments on the videos were “abusive, vulgar, and also racist in nature.”

IPRMENTLAWAn alleged court order against PewDiePie calls his diss tracks “defamatory, disparaging, and offensive,” and seeks to have the YouTuber remove said content from the platform altogether – although the order’s legitimacy cannot be verified.
http://iprmentlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Super-Cassettes-vs-Pew-Die-Pi.pdf

Is T-Series’ Court Order actually real?

The order likewise ruled that PewDiePie must “remove and disable access” to the songs in question – as well as “ensure that the said videos do not ever get uploaded again on the platform.”

While the lawsuit is indeed real, as it is listed as a pending case on the Delhi High Court’s website, the legitimacy of the alleged court order is up for debate; as no other sources have yet confirmed the order’s validity, fans can only speculate as to its possible efficacy in the long run.

PewDiePie’s allegations against T-Series

T-Series’ suit against PewDiePie follows major allegations thrown out against the company in his ‘Congratulations’ diss track, claiming that the label had gotten its start by providing pirated songs.

PewDiePie also made note of sexual harassment allegations against T-Series CEO Bhushan Kumar, which were nullified in early 2019 after the claimant revealed the accusations to be false.

That’s not all; PewDiePie likewise accused Kumar of having ties to the Indian mafia, and even claimed that T-Series had sent him a cease and desist letter due to his previous diss track, ‘Bitch Lasagna.’

PewDiePie has since overtaken the label by a serious margin, sitting at over 289,000 subscribers above T-Series as of April 10.

The petition to ban PewDiePie

This isn’t the only major action taken against PewDiePie in recent days, either; a Change.org petition likewise seeks to ban Kjellberg from YouTube altogether, due to “white supremacist” content and a toxic audience.

PewDiePie addressed the petition in a video on April 7, noting that many of its claims were blatantly false and misleading, and even highlighted the multiple charity fundraisers he’d organized over his eight-year career on the site.

Entertainment

PewDiePie hits out at company over KSI Meme Review copyright claim

Published: 25/Nov/2020 21:25

by Brent Koepp

Share


Popular YouTuber Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg was stunned after a company copyright claimed his Meme Review with JJ ‘KSI’ Olatunji. The Swede lost all the revenue for the upload due to their awful performance of “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic. 

On November 22, PewDiePie teamed up with fellow YouTube star KSI for an epic Meme Review. The duo tackled everything from British culture to Olatunji’s boxing match with Logan Paul.

Kjellberg later revealed on Instagram that the popular video had been copyright claimed by a company. The personality called the move “bulls**t” after the corporation took all the revenue over their Titanic joke.

Screenshot of YouTubers PewDiePie and KSI playing instruments.
YouTube: PewDiePie
The YouTubers’ awful performance of My Heart Will Go On got the video claimed for copyright.

PewDiePie & KSI’s Meme Review copyright claimed

PewDiePie’s Meme Review with KSI was a major hit on the platform, pulling in over 7.3 million views in just a few days. Fans of both YouTube creators were treated to a hilarious collaboration. However, the duo’s “attempt” to perform My Heart Will Go On on a flute and alpine horn caused the video to get claimed.

Kjellberg revealed the issue on his Instagram story on November 25. “So I got a claim on my KSI video. At the end, we played My Heart Will Go On,” he said, before playing a clip of their awful performance to demonstrate how absurd the claim was. “It’s too similar!” he joked.

It turns out the YouTuber had appealed the claim, but was denied. “So I appealed it, because its bulls**t why, and they rejected it! This is actually infringing on copyright according to this company!” he exclaimed, before breaking into laughter.

The 31-year-old explained that the company was now going to get 100% of the money made off the popular upload. “So all the revenue now goes to this company for the entire video. Like, what? Yeah, I just thought it was bulls**t, I don’t even know.”

The whole scenario is made all the more ridiculous when you consider that the Titanic joke was only a few seconds in a 26 minute upload. The fact that the company now gets to own the entire video is a good example how YouTube’s content ID system can sometimes be flawed.