Jeffree Star hits back at fake TikTok pretending to break into his house - Dexerto
Entertainment

Jeffree Star hits back at fake TikTok pretending to break into his house

Published: 5/Apr/2020 21:07

by Meg Bethany Koepp

Share


YouTuber and makeup entrepreneur Jeffree Star debunked a fake TikTok that went viral from someone who claimed he’d broken into his $14.6 million mansion in Hidden Hills, California, calling it “scary” and “sketchy.”

The YouTube star moved into the property in December 2019, relocating from Calabasas, California to Hidden Hills. The mansion is a whopping 25,000 square feet and comes with 2.82 acres of land, making it one of the most extravagant residences in the state.

Advertisement

On April 5, Star uploaded a video titled “Reacting To Tik Toks About Me (They Broke In!)” where he watched and reacted to many clips about him from the popular social media website. One, however, claimed that they’d actually trespassed onto his property, and the 34-year-old was quick to set the record straight.

Jeffree Star debunks fake trespassing TikTok

After being positively stunned by a clip of two girls who claimed to have lived in his mansion prior to him, Star explained that people had been contacting him about a certain video where someone had supposedly trespassed onto his property.

Advertisement

“There are some creepy [TikToks] about my home! Shall we dive in deeper?” he asked. “People have reached out to my assistant, to my friends, about this video. It’s a little sketch.”

The YouTuber then proceeded to watch the clip captioned “When you sneak into Jeffree Star’s house” in which two people recorded themselves walking around the outside of the Hidden Hills mansion.

(Timestamp 4:39 for mobile viewers.)

Advertisement

“Okay, so their account has literally only that video… Now listen, that is my home, but there’s no rose garden anymore and all the patio furniture is gone,” he explained. “So, that’s very convincing, also a little sketchy and a little scary because you’re kind of perpetuating that you broke into my house while I wasn’t here. Which is not possible!”

Star then laughed and said that he sees why the TikTok could be believable, though. “And I’m like… If you don’t really know that the rose garden is gone, right? You’ll believe the video. So no-one broke into my home, everyone sending it to me, thank you, I really appreciate it, we have everything under control.”

He ended on a short, simple message for the person who made the clip. “But, whoever you are… Cute!” he said.

Advertisement
YouTube: Jeffree Star
Jeffree moved into the mansion in December 2019.

The YouTuber has spoken about his home security in the past, and revealed that both his assistant and an armed guard live with him 24/7. In Shane Dawson’s documentary uploaded in October, he asked Jeffree whether he’s afraid of somebody breaking into his property and hurting him.

“Just for the record, my bodyguards are always armed, including right now. So on the 1% chance, they shoot to kill,” he responded.

Advertisement
Overwatch

Overwatch devs make Elon Musk’s dreams come true by buffing Torbjorn

Published: 14/Oct/2020 3:20 Updated: 14/Oct/2020 3:21

by Michael Gwilliam

Share


UPDATE (October 13, 7PM PT): Mere hours after Elon Musk confirmed that his Overwatch main was Torbjorn, the Overwatch developers released a video showcasing a newly buffed version of the Damage hero, per his request.

Elon Musk asked for a buff to Torb’s turret and that’s exactly what he got. In the same day that his main hero was made public, the Overwatch team fulfilled his requests and gave Torb one of his biggest buffs to date in a hilarious bite-sized clip.

Advertisement

The video shows Torb’s deployable turrets soaring off the ground. Three of them remained floating in the sky all at once, blasting down any foe that dared to step out on the moon.

It’s no secret that tech billionaire Elon Musk plays video games, but on October 13, he shocked the internet when he revealed his Overwatch main and how he would buff the hero.

Advertisement

After making a rather random tweet about the “The Illuminaughty” – a clever play on words, YouTuber twomad asked the 49-year-old if he mains Torbjorn in Overwatch.

Regardless of how the weird topic got started, Elon replied saying “um… yes” confirming he does in fact play Blizzard’s hero-based FPS and mains the Swedish engineer.

The unlikely response earned Musk a whopping 26,000 likes. For much of Overwatch’s lifespan, Torb was considered a bit of a joke or throw pick who offered very little benefit on attack.

Advertisement

However, after a major rework, the DPS has grown increasingly stronger and is actually one of the most viable heroes in the game at all levels right now.

Sadly, Musk didn’t state how long he had been playing Overwatch or Torbjorn for that matter, so it’s possible that he had only played when the hero wasn’t as good or only after the big rework happened.

Even the official Overwatch Twitter account decided to get in on the fun and replied to Musk with a picture of a giant Torbjorn turret on Mars.

Advertisement

“We’ve been thinking about this for a while,” they captioned the humorous picture. “Call us.”

Furthermore, Musk went on to explain how he would buff Torbjorn and the ideas were interesting to say the least. “Please buff Torb’s turret!” he exclaimed. “Or maybe 2 weak turrets to allow more strategic degrees of freedom.”

Advertisement

It was certainly an interesting reply and a sign that we could be looking at one of the most ambitious crossovers in history if Overwatch takes Elon up on his idea.

Though it’s unlikely that we’ll see Musk’s ideas make it to the game, but there’s always the Experimental Mode, so it’s possible Elon could end up getting his wish.

Who knows – maybe next time you’re in a game and a player won’t swap off Torb, it may be Elon Musk of all people.