Jake Paul reveals official date for Team 10 reorganization - Dexerto
Entertainment

Jake Paul reveals official date for Team 10 reorganization

Published: 15/Nov/2018 1:34 Updated: 15/Nov/2018 1:35

by Virginia Glaze

Share


Popular YouTuber and social media star Jake Paul has confirmed a date for Team 10’s major rebranding – and fans can expect it to drop very soon.

A new season for the entertainment organization is set to go live on November 25, as confirmed by Paul in a Tweet he posted on November 12.

“Season three, November 25th,” Paul wrote.

Paul has been teasing what he calls “Season three” of Team 10 for quite some time. The org’s social media has since gone dark, as well, with naught but, “A new Team is coming soon,” written in the biographies of their Twitter and Instagram accounts.

However, the situation isn’t completely shrouded in mystery; Paul revealed that he is working on a new series called ‘Jake Paul Uncut,’ which appears to be a behind-the-scenes look into the dynamics of the Team 10 house.

Team 10 has also seen a few new additions to its ranks, with the ‘mini Jake Paul’ Titus and his family taking residence in the mansion as of October 28. YouTuber and music artist Dynamite Dylan was also invited to live in the Team 10 house (although whether he took Jake up on his offer to stay in the garage or not is still unknown).

http://theultimatesidemen.wikia.com/wiki/File:Jaker.jpg

However, other members of the org may be taking their leave; Jake Paul recently confirmed his split with YouTuber Erika Costell on November 7, and it is uncertain if she will remain with Team 10 following this development.

Another Tweet of Paul’s could likewise hint at major expansions into other genres of the YouTube sphere, including dance, beauty, and more. While nothing else has been confirmed since Paul’s evacuation from the blazing California wildfires, fans won’t have to wait long for the mysterious Season Three.

Entertainment

FBE founders Benny & Rafi Fine called out by staff for “toxic workplace”

Published: 16/Jan/2021 19:54

by Charlotte Colombo

Share


Benny and Rafi Fine, the two creators behind the FBE (Fine Brothers entertainment) brand have come back into the spotlight today a year after they stepped back from FBE after former employees publicly accused them of racism and a “toxic” working environment.

In an investigative article by Insider, 26 former employees spoke out about their experiences working for FBE. The company’s former head of casting, Steve Caustey, revealed that the Fine brothers used a three-tier system to rank their “reactors”, and demanded that at least 33% of the people in their “react” videos involved people in the top tier before an episode could be made.

Causey told Insider that there were “more white people at the top” of the tier, which meant that episodes ended up being predominately white.

He said in an interview with them: “It was noticeable, but I don’t think it was intentional. I feel like it might’ve started as unconscious bias, but after a time enough people brought it up that it should have been addressed.”

A former researcher told Insider that FBE staff “profit from the idea that they’re diverse without valuing it authentically. They try to capitalize and commercialize on it as much as they can.”

FBE’s lawyers said to Insider that race wasn’t a factor in decisions such as tiers and video thumbnails, with a spokesperson adding that the Fine brothers “have always endeavored to feature a majority of underrepresented voices in FBE’s content.”

What happened with FBE last year?

In June 2020, a video resurfaced of a comedy sketch Benny Fine did with fellow YouTuber Shane Dawson, wherein Benny was wearing blackface. The footage went viral and led to the two founders receiving extreme backlash.

High profile members of their ‘React’ series, such as Kennedy Zimet, made the decision to leave the channel after the footage went viral, with Zimet saying in a statement shared to Twitter that they felt “blindsided and flat out used, especially since they have not owned up to their actions by apologizing publicly or to their black cast members.”

This led to Mark Plier, who claimed to be a former producer for FBE, to claim on Twitter that the Fine brothers “wanted to benefit from the “diversity” but not benefit diversity”, alleging that YouTube video thumbnails with more than one BAME person were frequently turned down by the pair.

He also claimed that they “would frequently ask for the person of color to be on the right of the thumbnail and not the left, our only conclusion as to why that would be is the left person is the first one you’d see and thus the first impression.”

In further Tweets, Plier alleged that “the culture was so entrenched and they were so unwilling to hear our demands for changes that employee turnover became larger than the company’s actual size in just the 3 years I was there.”

The brothers released a statement apologizing for their “terrible errors of judgment” and ultimately decided to take a step back from the FBE company following the backlash.