Entertainment

IRL streamer Mitch Jones responds to Twitch ban after showing racist DM

Published: 22/Sep/2019 15:14 Updated: 19/Jan/2021 16:30

by Connor Bennett

Share


Popular Twitch streamer Mitch Jones has responded following his ban from the livestreaming platform on September 20, claiming that he is on “thin ice.”

Mitch Jones is one of Twitch’s most popular IRL streamers, racking up over 415,000 followers in his eight years streaming on the platform. He’s been involved in drama and had suspensions before, but he landed himself in hot water on September 20.

Jones was handed his most recent suspension from Twitch for showing private DMs on-stream that showed he had used a racial slur. With Twitch saying nothing about the ban, fans of the IRL streamer had been left in the dark over his temporary exit.

Mitch Jones, TwitterMitchJones is one of Twitch’s more popular IRL streamers.
600

The streamer finally addressed his most recent ban by tweeting a small statement to his 86,000 followers on September 22. 

“As most of you can see I (have) been banned. It’s a 30-day ban and I am on very thin ice right now,” Jones said in a now-deleted Tweet. “I will be changing the way I stream when I come back. I love you all and I am going to do better.”

The IRL streamer claimed he needs to make changes upon his return to Twitch.

As Twitch doesn’t typically comment, at least not publicly, on community guidelines violations, fans have only have had Jones’ word to go off of. With his initial ban coming on September 20, that would be mean his 30 days would be up on October 20. 

Just what changes he has in-store for that return, remain to be seen, but the streamer claims that his channel will see a shake-up. “I legit just need to take a step back and build something better,” he said after another streamer told him to crack down on his chat’s behavior. 

Mitch Jones addressed his changes in a conversation with a fellow Twitch streamer.

However, his statement and follow-up tweets weren’t enough for some fans, who wanted to see the streamer own up to showing a racial slur on-stream and not blame the community that he has created. 

Fans may want to see his IRL streams continue on, especially moments like when he runs into strange arguments with members of the public for seemingly no reason at all, but it appears as if that won’t be the case. 

Regardless though, the streamer has at least acknowledged that some changes need to be made so it could be a case of opting against getting involved in drama and beef like what led to his ban in the first place.

Entertainment

Jake Paul roasts Conor McGregor with new fight deal after UFC 257 Poirier loss

Published: 24/Jan/2021 6:37 Updated: 24/Jan/2021 10:39

by Alex Tsiaoussidis

Share


Jake Paul has jokingly rescinded his $50 million fight offer to Conor McGregor after his shock loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257, offering him a measly $10,000 instead.

Jake Paul has been nipping at Conor McGregor’s heels in the weeks leading up to UFC 257, trying to bait the former double-champ into accepting a $50 million fight offer for an exhibition boxing bout.

However, despite his best efforts, it didn’t work. Conor McGregor was too focused on his own endeavors and never acknowledged it, although he tip-toed around the question a few times.

Eventually, he flat-out said he’s not interested in the fight, and it seemed like the idea was dead and buried once and for all. But after Conor McGregor’s shock UFC 257 loss to Dustin Poirier, Jake Paul is at it again. And this time, his original offer is off the table.

Jake Paul Conor McGregor
Jake Paul / Conor McGregor
Jake Paul’s second fight offer adds more insult to injury after Conor McGregor’s UFC 257 loss.

Jake Paul tuned in to watch the main event like millions of other UFC fans. But he had more invested in the fight than the average viewer, and once it was over, it was only a matter of time before he posted a video.

“Hey Conor,” she said, laughing hysterically in a video that he shared on Twitter moments after the loss. “I’ve got ten thousand dollars for you, cash!” He struggled to contain his laughter and kept repeating words. “Oh, you had fifty million dollars,” he added, right at the end. 

The same message was echoed in a YouTube video Jake uploaded to his YouTube channel shortly after titled ‘My Message to Conor McGregor.’ He said, “you should have taken the Jake Paul fight for $50 million, but now I got $10,000 for you. I got $10,000 cash, cold hard cash. Or I’ll give you a third of a bitcoin. You choose, Conor McGregor.”

At the end of the video he says “April 17th guys, I’m fighting… You know, it was supposed to be Conor McGregor but we’ll see what happens, stay tuned.”

It’s obvious that Jake is still up to his usual antics. He’s trying to kick Conor while he’s down. But this time, it might actually work.

Conor’s loss will undoubtedly be a spanner in the works for his UFC plans. However, it means he might be open to lucrative exhibition fight offers once again.

Of course, there’s no way he’d accept the second $10,000 fight offer. But he might consider the initial $50 million one, which is probably what Jake Paul intended. We’ll have to wait and see what happens next.