How to edit sounds on TikTok
Sounds are one of the best ways to make your videos better and be a part of trends on TikTok. There are several options when it comes to customizing the sounds that are in your video. Here’s everything to know about editing sounds on TikTok.
TikTok ‘sounds’ are quite simply snippets of songs or original audio that can be used by anyone across the platform in the background of their own videos.
Many dance and lip-sync trends are centered around these popular sounds, often with people selecting specific sections or verses in songs as the basis for their videos.
However, when adding sounds to videos in the editor, things can sometimes get a little confusing, making it harder to get the exact part of the song you want. Thankfully, the process isn’t overly complicated.
How to add a TikTok sound to your video
Adding sounds to your videos is a simple process.
- Launch TikTok and open the editor by clicking the plus button.
- Tap ‘add sound’ at the top of the screen.
- Tap the sound you want to use, and click the checkmark to add it. You can also do this after filming a video by clicking ‘add sound’ at the top of the screen.
How to edit TikTok sounds
Once you’ve added a sound, you may find you need to make some adjustments. To edit which section of the sound you’re using:
- Click on the sound at the top of the camera screen.
- At the bottom of the page, click the scissors icon next to the sound.
- Drag the sliders to adjust which part of the sound is playing.
- Click ‘Done’ to confirm.
To edit the volume of the sound:
- Once you’ve finished filming your video, click on the arrow in the bar on the right, then scroll and click the volume button.
- Use the ‘original sound’ and ‘added sound’ sliders to adjust the volume of each.
- Tap ‘Done’ to confirm.
The steps are fortunately very simple, and make customizing your video and adjusting it to the way you want it much easier.
If you want to learn more about how to use TikTok, you can check out our other guides here: