FaZe Clan member Lucas ‘Blaze’ Mosing has revealed that he won’t be living in the new $30 million FaZe house – and that he didn’t even have a choice in the matter.
Blaze, formerly known as Blaziken, joined FaZe Clan in January 2015, moving into the original New York house just a few months later while the organization was still primarily creating Call of Duty content.
He has been a mainstay in each iteration of the FaZe house since then but has revealed that when talks were being finalized for the brand new $30m mansion, he wasn’t asked to join his friends as a resident.
While this may seem shocking to FaZe fans, the reasoning makes sense – and shows that his FaZe Clan family are purely looking out for his best interests.
Explaining that his removal from the FaZe house was “not by choice” and that he “didn’t get asked,” Blaze says that a couple of months prior to moving in, Youssef –presumably Youssef Ali, Head of Digital Marketing at FaZe Clan – told him simply that he wasn’t going to be living in the new house, and that he didn’t believe the news at first.
That said, he later called founding member Apex to ask what was going on, who told him that his own experience of moving out of the FaZe house made him a lot happier, and he believes Blaze would benefit from the same.
Blaze adds that, while he was initially upset, he realized that living out in LA in the FaZe house was not a good environment for him, making him both unproductive and unhappy.
He goes on to talk about what’s to come for him, saying that he got out of a “really sh**ty contract” the same day the news was broken to him, and that he’s now fully prepared to drop his debut album in Summer 2020, with the first single coming on March 27.
His final statement in the video is that, although the video may seem like a bit of a downer, he’s “super happy” and “never been in a better place” in his life – which shows the decision not to have him in the new house was probably a wise one.