The Elden Ring character respec feature is incredibly important for players looking to create the most powerful PvP and PvE builds. So, if you wish to change your character’s stat distribution and find Larval Tear locations, then look no further.
Like previous Souls games, Elden Ring enables players to respec their stats, giving you the opportunity to change your character’s build. This is particularly useful for those that wish to try out the game’s different builds or eliminate any misspent stat points.
While respeccing your character in Elden Ring won’t enable you to change your starting class, it can help you create the most powerful class. Whether you wish to pump more points into strength or dexterity, while also having enough vitality and endurance, then our Elden Ring respec guide has you covered.
How to respec your character in Elden Ring
In order to respec your character in Elden Ring, you’ll first need to beat Rennala. The Queen of the Full Moon is located after taking the elevator to the top of the Raya Lucaria Academy, an area at the very end of the legacy dungeon.
After beating this boss, Rennala will survive the battle and surrender her Elden Ring Shard to you. Following this encounter, Rennala will then become a friendly NPC and set up shop in the Raya Lucaria Grand Library.
Before you teleport to the Rata Lucaria Grand Library and speak to Rennala, you’ll first need to get your hands on a Larval Tear. However, finding this item can prove tricky if you don’t know where to look.
All Larval Tear locations in Elden Ring
A Larval Tear will need to be given to Rennala whenever you wish to respec your character in Elden Ring. Unlike other items and materials in Elden Ring, Larval Tears are limited in number, which makes them particularly rare.
This means you’ll only be able to respec your character a finite amount of times, so take care before committing to a certain build. The good news is there are 18 of them per playthrough, and you’re unlikely to need 18 respecs per run.
They also remain in your inventory when you move into another NG+ cycle, meaning you can potentially stack and unlock a total of 126 Larval Tears per character.
The 18 Larval Tears can be found in the following locations:
- Found east of the Agheel Lake South site of grace. Dropped by the small Runebear who is disguised as a Wandering Noble stood opposite the lake.
Liurnia of the Lakes
- Located in the Village of the Albinaurics graveyard.
- Dropped by a Grafted Scion disguised as a Giant Crayfish patrolling around the One can be found by the gazebo near the Boilprawn Shack. There are four Giant Crayfish, but one is secretly a disguised Grafted Scion who drops the Larval Tear.
- One can be found on a ghost sitting in a chair in the Caria Manor graveyard. Simply talk to the ghost and he’ll disappear, leaving the tear and his set behind.
- One can be bought from Pidia for 3,000 runes. You can find him by climbing down the cliffs on the southeastern side of the Three Sisters area. You can see the balcony before you jump.
- One can be found near Caelid Highway South site of grace on a Troll disguised as a kneeling noble.
- One can be found in the ruins southeast of the Windmill Village on a Lion Guardian disguised as a noble. Kill the Lion Guardian to get him to drop it.
- One is located east of the Road of Iniquity site of grace on a Wormface disguising itself as a flaming zombie enemy.
- One can be found southeast of the Inner Consecrated Snowfield site of grace on a Runebear disguised as a Noble.
- One can be bought from the Nomadic Merchant located in the Siofra River, for 3,000 Runes. Kill him and take his bell for this to be sold by the Roundtable Hold sisters instead.
Nokron, Eternal City
- One can be taken from a corpse located in a stone building southeast of the Nokron, Eternal City site of grace.
- One can be found on a corpse in the gazebo in Nokron, Eternal City. You’ll be ambushed by a Silver Tear enemy.
- Another can be taken by defeating a Silver Sphere enemy in Night’s Sacred Ground.
- The Mimic Tear boss drops two after it is defeated.
Nokstella, Eternal City
- One is dropped by a Silver Sphere enemy on the Nokstella bridge.
- Another can be found on a Silver Sphere enemy seen hanging from the ceiling in a building located after the bridge in Nokstella. You’ll need to use ranged attacks.
- A third Larval Tear can be found on another Silver Sphere after crossing the bridge. Head up the nearby stairs and into the building, the enemy will be hanging from the ceiling.
So, there you have it, everything you need to know about respeccing your character in Elden Ring. Make sure you check out our Elden Ring page for all the latest news and guides.
Academy Glintstone Key | Smithing Stones | Elden Ring Stonedigger Troll |Elden Ring Margit the Fell Omen | Elden Ring Tree Sentinel | Elden Ring Grave Warden | Elden Ring Pumpkin Head | Elden Ring Soldier of Godrick | Elden Ring Godrick the Grafted