Valve rolled out a new patch for Dota Underlords on July 24 that finally nerfs units from the Primordial Alliance in an effort to make them less dominant.
Underlords is Valve’s officially licensed version of Autochess, which started out as a strategy game mod for Dota 2 before branching off.
Lately, players have been complaining about how OP units from the Primordial Alliance are in fights due to their disarm, but the latest patch aims to fix it once and for all.
What’s new with Primordials?
Underlord’s July 24 patch makes changes to how Primordial units deal damage in Level 1 and receive damage when they reach Level 2.
Enemies attacking Level 1 Primordial units now have a 25 percent chance to have the attacking unit’s attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. The effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.
When Primordial units reach Level 2, attacking enemies will now have a 25 percent chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack, which is also applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.
There are also some substantial hero changes in the new patch, for instance – the Arc Warden’s attack speed has been changed from 0.59, 0.67, 0.77 to a constant 1.0 for each level. This means that even when duplicated, Arc Wardens should be less of an issue, and the strategy to fill the board with as many clones as possible is now significantly nerfed.
Another big quality of life change is that units will now prefer to target heroes rather than summons with their abilities, but if no heroes are available they will still target summons.
With all of these changes and more, there’s plenty of new stuff for Underlords players to check out after the latest patch.
The full July 24 patch notes can be read below.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
- We have found more code that caused crashes and told it to behave
- Updated Slark’s ability description to match the gameplay – he is not intended to reduce enemy attack speed
- Added Rich Presence when finding a match
- Fixed lack of glow in Roshan’s “Vs.” image
- Quality of Life and look improvements have been done to the Season Info UI
- Fixed win/lose streak particles sometimes not showing up
- Many particle effects optimizations have been done
- Tweaks to foliage and other visuals on the Path of Sunbreeze custom board
- Fix Thunderhides’ ability tooltip referring to Ogre Magi
- Fix an issue where a unit that has two units Tiny Tossed against it in rapid succession would only take damage once
- Fix Warlock alliance not correctly choosing low health units to link to
- Fix Desperate Measures not applying to summons
- Don’t allow player interaction while the map is loading
- Units prefer to target heroes rather than summons with their abilities, but if no heroes are available they will still target summons
- Attack Speed changed from [0.59, 0.67, 0.77] to [1.0, 1.0, 1.0]
- Maximum Mana changed from 100 to 0
- Maximum Health changed from [600, 1100, 2650] to [700, 1400, 2800]
- Gold Cost changed from 3 to 4
- Draft Tier changed from 3 to 4
- Cooldown changed from 60 to 0
- Mana Cost changed from 100 to 0
- Now reads: Arc Warden creates a copy of himself with the same health he currently has. The clone can use all of Arc Warden’s current items and will attempt to attack the same enemy as his summoner. Whenever this clone dies, Arc Warden will create a new one.
- Armor changed from [5, 7, 10] to [10, 13, 15]
- Maximum Health changed from [800, 1600, 3200] to [950, 1800, 3500]
- Attack Damage Minimum changed from [50, 100, 200] to [75, 150, 300]
- Attack Damage Maximum changed from [60, 120, 240] to [80, 160, 320]
- Attack Speed changed from 0.67 to 0.77
- Armor changed from 10 to 5
- Attack Damage Minimum changed from [50, 100, 225] to [60, 120, 270]
- Attack Damage Maximum changed from [60, 120, 275] to [72, 144, 330]
- Projectile Speed changed from 600 to 800
- Leech Damage and Heal changed from [80, 110, 150] to [100, 150, 200]
- Alliance changed from Human Warrior Savage to Human Hunter Savage
- Lycan’s Wolves are Hunter Savages
- Juggernaut Attack Speed changed from 0.91 to [0.91, 1.0, 1.25]
- Juggernaut Min Damage changed from [65, 130, 260] to [65, 140, 280]
- Juggernaut Max Damage changed from [70, 140, 280] to [70, 150, 300]
Font of Creation
- Eidolon HP changed from [300, 400, 500] to 300
- Eidolon Max Damage changed from [70, 80, 90] to [60, 70, 80]
- Level 1: Enemies attacking Primordial units have a 25% chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. This effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.
- Level 2: Enemies attacking friendly units have a 25% chance to have their attack speed slowed by 50 each attack. This effect is applied at the start of the attack and lasts for the duration of the attack.