What is Diablo 4 Hardcore mode?
Diablo 4 Hardcore mode offers a significant challenge to those that are willing to delve into it. So, here’s exactly what the game mode entails and how you can play it.
Diablo 4 is home to plenty of nightmarish monsters and tough quests, but the game’s Hardcore game mode brings even more challenges. It’s certainly not for the faint of heart and comes with many perils, but for those that overcome the added difficulty, there will be significant rewards.
So, if you’re aiming to try out Diablo 4’s Hardcore mode when the game launches, or simply wish to know more about it, then our handy guide has everything you need to know about this challenging game mode.
- What is Diablo 4 Hardcore mode?
- All changes in Diablo 4 Hardcore mode
- How to make a Hardcore character in Diablo 4
What is Diablo 4 Hardcore mode?
Diablo 4 Hardcore mode is a unique game mode where character deaths are irreversible, meaning you won’t be able to use them ever again. The repercussions for character deaths in Diablo 4 Hardcore mode are as follows:
- If the character level is less than 10 – The character’s data is completely eradicated from the game, leaving no trace of its existence.
- If the character level surpasses 10 – The character’s name gets commemorated in the Hall of the Fallen Heroes.
All changes in Diablo 4 Hardcore mode
The Hardcore mode in Diablo 4 sets itself apart from other gameplay modes in the following ways:
- Instead of re-emerging in a nearby area, characters die and can no longer be used.
- Dying in the PvP Fields of Hatred results in your character being erased.
- There is no provision for shared Gold or stash items.
- The game provides superior rewards for the successful completion of in-game challenges.
In essence, Diablo 4’s Hardcore mode is a mode that offers both high risks and high rewards and can be experienced either individually or in teams. If you’re looking to play Diablo 4 Hardcore mode, we recommend teaming up with other players, as it allows for more strategic planning, adding to your overall survivability.
How to make a Hardcore character in Diablo 4
If you’re aiming to make a Hardcore character in Diablo 4, then simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Launch Diablo 4.
- Tick the checkbox that says Hardcore under Gameplay options in the character creation screen.
- Accept the Hardcore warning and proceed to begin your journey.
Once you’ve done the above, you’ll be able to test your might against the hardest challenge in Diablo 4. If your character happens to die, then simply follow the steps again. Good luck!
Make sure you check out our Diablo page for all the latest news and guides.
Diablo 4: Best way to make money | Diablo 4: Fastest ways to get XP & level up | How to Transmog gear in Diablo 4: Armor, weapons & more | Does Diablo 4 feature followers or mercenaries to hire? | Diablo 4 couch co-op explained: How to play, platforms & more | When is Diablo 4 Season 1? Possible start date, theme, & rewards | How to play Diablo 4 Early Access: Dates, times & how to preload | Diablo 4 x KFC promo: How to unlock all five cosmetic rewards