A major new CS:GO update has been released which brings some of the most requested weapon balance changes and interesting tweaks to Mirage.
The CZ-75 and M4A1-S have been the source of a lot of complaints from the CS:GO community for what seems like forever.
The CZ-75 is widely regarded as the most overpowered pistol in the game and CZ-75 force buy rounds regularly beat full buy rounds when done correctly.
On the other hand, the M4A1-S is almost never selected over the standard M4A4 due to having significantly less ammunition per clip and overall.
The June 12th CS:GO update attempts to address both of these issues by reducing the base damage of the CZ-75 from 33 to 31 and increasing the ammo in the M4A1-S to a total of 80.
The price of the MP7 has also been reduced from $1700 to $1500 and there have been some interesting tweaks made to Mirage which include the interesting decision to remove the skybox entirely.
The full patch notes for version 220.127.116.11 are as follows:
– Reduced base damage of the CZ75a from 33 to 31 (a single shot is no longer lethal against a helmeted opponent).
– Increased reserve ammo for the M4A1-S from 40 to 60, to provide some additional utility without impacting brief engagements.
– Reduced price of the MP7 from $1700 to $1500.
– Game servers will no longer print their public IP address in response to “status” command from clients.
– Unsealed graffiti items can now be deleted.
– Fixed a bug where looping sounds playing from dormant entities could play briefly before switching off.
– Removed skybox limitations
– Updated some landmark art
– Lowered skillceiling to get into apartments from T spawn
– Banked corner in hallway leading to A site scaffolding
– Removed ladder near entrance to apartments from T spawn, replaced with boxes
– Removed broken corner near van in bombsite B
– Improved visibility from T side of mid towards A connector (removed dark background door inside connector)
– Improved visibility from CT stairs towards T ramp in bombsite A (removed dark background door inside ramp)
– Disabled bullet collision on vertical fence columns in mid
– Removed wooden pillars at bottom of mid
– Fixed some player collision bugs
– Redesigned T approach to B site through alley, with split entrances
– Improved visibility of players against the scaffolding near A
– Removed ability to stand on top of doorframe at CT stairs to B
– Other minor bug fixes and improvements