Valve has introduced a host of minor changes with the latest update for CounterStrike: Global Offensive, including newly updated character models on certain maps and the ability to boost teammates in Casual game modes.
While not as meaty as previous CS:GO updates, patch 188.8.131.52 has introduced a few features that have fans excited to dive in.
One fairly big change is the updated FBI character models for use on Nuke, Agency, and Office. It might only be for a few maps, but the new designs will have players clamoring to play on the CT-side as soon as possible.
While the new character models surely look clean and crisp, a change that will allow players to boost their teammates in Casual, Domination, and Flying Scoutsman game modes has players the most excited.
Boosting in CS:GO occurs when a player jumps on top of a teammate to gain access a sightline they would otherwise be unable to use. The trick is mainly used early on in rounds to scout rotations made by the enemy team or secure game-changing entry frags on unaware opponents.
The trick used to be contained to Competitive modes, but this change will allow a greater amount of players to utilize the sneaky strategy.
In addition to these changes, Valve also made some minor updates to Nuke, Train, and Office. Fans will surely be upset, however, to find they can no longer experience the so-called 'hoverhat' of the snowman on Office, as an issue where the hat wouldn’t fall off properly when shot has been patched.
The full patch notes for version 184.108.40.206 can be found below:
– Updated FBI character models have been deployed to Nuke, Agency, and Office.
– Enabled MP5-SD in official Competitive Matchmaking.
– Added a new setting “mp_solid_teammates 2” which enables standing on top of teammates while still allowing to walk through them. The feature is now enabled in official Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes.
– This update includes an updated version of steamclient.so for Linux dedicated servers which has multiple threading and integration fixes. For a limited time and old version of steamclient.so can still be used on CS:GO Linux dedicated servers.
– The 2018 Inferno collection and 2018 Nuke collection are now available as rank-up drops.
– Updated alpha channels on the SSG 08 and Mac-10 in the new 2018 Inferno collection.
– Fixed rare cases where audio device configuration will not save properly.
– Fixed the Beartooth Music Kit to respect MVP music volume.
– Fixed a VRAM leak in threaded Open GL contexts on OSX and Linux.
– Fixed a rare mouse left-click issue on OSX.
– Multiple performance improvements for OSX and Linux clients.
– Added support for DDS files using DXT3 compression.
– Added support for DDS encoded PNG files.
– Made corridor leading to ramp room from T side slightly wider
– Moved doors connected to trophy room slightly
– Changed CT team to FBI
– Removed angled pieces on bombtrain in A site
– Improved player collision on bombtrain in A site
– Added grenade collision to ceiling of heaven in A site
– Made windows fully breakable instead of partially
– Fixed snowman’s hat not falling off when getting shot in the snow-head.
– Smoothed out movement on stairs
– Widened openings by CT spawn and truck in garage
– Moved some furniture in T spawn
– Fixed some minor graphical glitches
– Tweaked lighting in CT spawn