The latest CS:GO update introduces some significant changes to the map Breach, but doesn’t address the complaints many players have with the current state of the SG 553.
Often referred to as the Krieg – the name the weapon was given in earlier iterations of Counter-Strike – the SG 553 has been a major topic of criticism regarding the current state of the game, with many pro players speaking out about the scoped rifle being too powerful.
While many players await each new patch in the hope that the weapon will finally receive a nerf, it has once again been overlooked in the latest update.
The November 4 update to CS:GO instead focuses largely on changes to Breach, one of the maps that features in the unranked 5v5 playlist Scrimmage. While there are no adjustments to the fundamental layout, there are a variety of small updates to multiple areas of the map that will undoubtedly affect angles, timings, and utility usage.
A complete look at the changes can be seen in the following comparison video made by Canals Report.
In addition, the Mac10 has received a minor cosmetic update that may change how certain skins appear. Meanwhile, the game will now default to the Casual game mode for new players.
The full patch notes can be seen below.
CS:GO November 4 patch notes
- Breach has been updated to the latest version from Steam Community Workshop and is now available in Scrimmage mode on official servers.
- Redesigned A long
- Removed entrance walls
- Removed pit
- Added blinds to A window
- Moved globe monument slightly
- Blocked access to top of SWAT van
- Replaced vents with electrical room
- Reworked cover placement
- Improved bombsite markings
- Reduced number of firing angles in mid
- Redesigned B connector
- T paths to lower and upper mid have been combined
- CTs cannot push upper mid as quickly
- Fixed unintended angles in lower mid
- Redesigned CT spawn
- Removed glass in various places
- Fixed a bug where enemies outside of B could be spotted from mid
- Replaced the wall outside of B with a chain link fence – enjoy the view!
- Improved clipping
- Fix bomb stuck spots
- Cache has been updated to the latest version from Steam Community Workshop.
- Visual improvements and visibility increases map-wide.
- Fixed FPS drops in Z caused by bad model collision mesh. (Thanks Oakz!)
- Allowed planting closer to A site fence.
- Fixed pixel-walk on A site. (Thanks ALJN!)
- Fixed bomb-stuck spot by squeaky entrance from T side.
- Allowed players to hop onto forklift without crouch-jumping.
- Fixed bomb passing through B ramp displacement. (Thanks jorba666!)
- Fixed unusual collisions for grenades at Mid Boost.
- Fixed ability to see under cover at B. (Thanks g0gerff!)
- Fixed getting stuck on ladder at Mid. (Thanks wTy_!)
- Lowered boxes in corner of A Main. (Thanks Don Haci!)
- Fixed several wallbang bugs
- Seaside is no longer available in Scrimmage mode on official servers.
- Mac10 UV map has been updated.
- Mac10 cavity map updated to fix wear pattern discrepancies.
- If you have workshop feedback please send mail to CSGOTeamFeedback [at] valvesoftware.com with [Workshop] in the subject line.
- New users will now default to Casual game mode.