CSGO May 3 patch notes: Ancient joins Active Duty maps, new 360 stats feature
CS:GO’s May 3 patch marks the end of Operation Broken Fang. Valve are making some big changes, permanently adding the Premier stat tracker feature in “360 Stats”, while also adding Ancient to the Active Duty map pool over Train and a new case.
If you thought the end of Operation Broken Fang would mean the end of new content for at least the next little while in CS:GO, you’d be wrong.
Valve have broken a huge update on May 3 featuring three big things: Ancient being added to Active Duty, a new stat tracker, and the new Snakebite case.
Most importantly, new chickens and today’s Release Notes: https://t.co/h2QBdeNOYe pic.twitter.com/hLibdwf67m
— CS:GO (@CSGO) May 3, 2021
Ancient replaces Train in CSGO Active Duty pool
Ancient was added as part of Operation Broken Fang to be a “brand new competitive map.” Now after three months of testing during the operation, it’s ready to be added to the Active Duty pool.
While many players were hoping it’d replace Mirage — the only CS:GO map to not be removed from the Active Duty pool since its 2012 release — it is instead replacing Train, which was reworked and re-added to the competitive pool in 2017.
Ancient also received a handful of changes to be a bit cleaner all up. This includes a fully reworked A-site giving CTs more ways to enter, while a plateau has been added in Tunnels to change the footing of long-range fights.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
360 Stats added
After the Operation stat tracker went off without a hitch, Valve is pushing to make it a permanent addition. Called 360 Stats, the new stat tracker lives up to its name.
It doesn’t just give players a simple K/D, but also how they perform with certain guns, their performance on certain maps, and even heatmaps of where they play, get kills, and more.
The only catch? It’s set behind a paywall. It’s not a steep one, costing only $0.99 USD a month. The small investment could help you get better, or it can just be used to flex on your friends — it’s totally up to you.
New Snakebite case adds 17 skins for M4A4, AK-47, more
Finally, it wouldn’t be a big update without a new case. The Snakebite case features a bunch of bright and bubbly skins for the M4A4, AK-47, and more.
You can find the full CS:GO May 3 patch notes below, courtesy of Valve.
CSGO May 3 patch notes
Operation Broken Fang
- Operation Broken Fang has come to an end. Players who have unredeemed operation stars will have until May 15th to claim their operation rewards.
- Introducing CS:GO 360 Stats – A subscription service for players that want to continue collecting official Competitive and Wingman stats.
- Premier Competitive remains available for all players featuring pick/ban process across the entire Active Duty Group map pool.
- Retakes remains available and has been moved into Wargames.
- Ancient has been added into the current competition map pool Active Duty Group and Train has been removed from Active Duty Group.
- Grind and Mocha have been added to official matchmaking in Scrimmage, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes, replacing Apollo, Engage, and Anubis.
- Calavera and Pitstop have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode, replacing Elysion and Guard.
- New route from CT spawn to A site
- Widened T entrance to left side of mid
- Opened up skylight in T tunnel to A site
- Extended plantable bomb zone in B site
- Opened up ledge in A site
- Various minor bugfixes
- Fixed a clipping issue on window in T lobby
- Centered a lamp that was bugging me
- Overhauled interior lighting
- Fixed delivery drones being stuck in the bottom right corner of the map
- Added drone clips to improve delivery drone navigation
- Fixed rare cases of loot spawning in inaccessible areas/inside terrain
- Made a window frame in Alpha non solid (thanks Musti)
- Clipped wood railings in the frozen lake area
- Improved the look of the ice texture when Shader Detail is set to Medium or lower
- Fixed a missing face on a wooden beam in Town
- Added a sound effect in server room
- Introducing the Snakebite Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Broken Fang Case set of gloves as rare special items.
- Chicken models have received a visual upgrade.
- Fixed community maps whose textures would appear black as a result of previous security fixes.
- The \ key can again be bound to commands. If you were using this key before, you will need to bind it again.
- Additional security and stability improvements.
- Added an option for large community maps to fade the Boost Player Contrast feature beyond the far-Z fog plane by setting fadeplayervisibilityfarz to ‘true’ in info_map_parameters.