CSGO June 15 patch notes: M4A1-S nerfs, Ancient map changes, more
Valve dropped a big CS:GO update on June 15, shipping M4A1-S nerfs and Ancient map changes at the stroke of midnight. A handful of other updates have also been added: here’s the full patch notes.
It’s rare nowadays that a CS:GO patch will have some impact on the meta, but the June 15 update shipped by Valve is one of those rare occasions.
The Counter-Strike developers are changing two major things which could dictate the pro meta: shipping M4A1-S nerfs as well as some major map changes to Ancient.
Here’s all the details on CS:GO’s June 15 update, including the patch notes.
What’s changing in CS:GO’s June 15 patch?
M4A1-S magazine size nerfed
The M4A1-S has become the go-to rifle on CT side in 2022 after its buffs in Operation Riptide in September 2021.
Since then, it’s contributed to nearly 25% of kills in competitive Counter-Strike while the M4A4 — which reigned supreme for longer — fell into relative obscurity.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Valve is trying to bring some balance back to the defender rifles by nerfing the M4A1-S’ magazine size from 25 to 20. Players will have 80 bullets in reserve, up from 75. While the number of bullets isn’t changing, sprays have to be on-point to secure kills before reloading.
Ancient map changes around Cave, B-site
Valve are also shipping changes to five maps in CS:GO as part of the June 15 patch, most notably Ancient. The developers have cleaned up the Cave area, removing the crate stack located outside and fixing some pixel gaps towards T mid.
Additional cover has been added to the pillar near B Site, aiding CTs trying to hold back the tide. Wallbang damage through the scaffolding on B Site has also been cut. Some pathways — including the archeological dig in Cave and a sidepath towards A Site — have also been closed.
Inferno, Vertigo, Cache, and Vineyard have also had minor changes made. You can find the full CS:GO June 15 patch notes below, courtesy of Valve.
CS:GO June 15 patch notes
- Reduced the M4A1-S magazine size to 20 bullets, with 80 in reserve.
- Remove cratestack outside of “cave” location
- Fixed pixelgap from inside “cave” towards T mid
- Fixed ground clipping bugs in mid causing players to go slightly airborne
- Smoothed out ground outside of “cave” down towards B ramp
- Blocked archeological dig inside of “cave”
- Smoothed out corners in “donut” room
- Added additional cover near pillar on B
- Blocked one sidepath exit towards A site, widened remaining exit
- Fixed some visual glitches when looking out towards mid from “donut” room
- Reduced wallbang damage through scaffolding at B site
- Boosted light emitted from candles/lanterns
- Fixed an exploit
- Increased bomb explosion damage from 500 to 620
- Another attempt at fixing molly through floor bug at mid
- Removed a position by ramp corner
- Performance and stability improvements
- Ivy now sways in the wind
- Fixed displacement vphysics issues