A major new update has gone live in CounterStrike: Global Offensive, including new content and major changes to important aspects of the game.
The latest CS:GO update went live on July 31, adding two new maps to the competitive pool and making significant changes to Vertigo.
Below, you can find all of the details about the update, including the patch notes in their entirety.
Breach and Seaside added to competitive
Following the release of this update, the brand new Breach and fan-favorite Seaside maps have been added the Defusal Group Sigma competitive pool.
According to the CS:GO blog, Breach is a defusal map set in a spacious corporate building. To make room for the two maps, Workout has been removed from official matchmaking.
Those looking to try out the new maps, as well as Ruby, can do so by visiting the Scrimmage section on the Competitive tab.
Both Breach and Seaside are now available as competitive maps.
Major changes to Vertigo
The July 31 update has implemented a series of fundamental changes to the Vertigo map, chief of which is a new approach to the B site.
A total of 11 adjustments have been made to the map, including removing the "rafters" around the B site entrance, removing the one-way drop down elevator shaft, moved T spawns further back, and more, all of which can be seen in the patch notes below.
CS:GO update for 7/31/19 (8/1/19 UTC, 184.108.40.206) - Patch Notes
- Added Breach and Seaside to Defusal Group Sigma.
- Removed Workout from official matchmaking.
- Added “Scrimmage Maps” to official competitive matchmaking. Scrimmage maps include: Ruby, Breach, Seaside.
- When playing Scrimmage Maps in official competitive matchmaking: there are no restrictions on players in your party, your Skill Groups will not be adjusted after the match, your Competitive Wins counter will not be incremented upon winning the match. Abandoning the match after you ‘ACCEPT’ will result in a penalty.
- Game server logs on Linux are now using a separate thread to write the data to filesystem which improves performance of the game server main thread.
- Fixed a regression which prevented cycling grenades with TAG grenade.
- Fixed a rare crash related to bump mines and breach charges.
- Mute spinner on in-game players can now be dragged all the way down to zero.
- Fixed an unintended boost position on Overpass.
- New approach to B site
- Removed “rafters” around B site entrance
- Offset HVAC units on B site, numbered them
- Added a way to throw utility into B site without being exposed
- Removed one-way drop down elevator shaft
- Added ladder-room near elevator shaft, connects up to mid chokepoint, allows utility towards A
- Moved bridge over elevator shaft
- Moved T spawns further back
- Widened utility hole in T corridor to mid
- Made jump up on scaffolding at back of A easier
- Widened door at back of A
- Various minor bug fixes
Rumor has it:
- Defusal Group Sigma is a Casual group, so both Breach and Seaside can't be selected for Competitive matchmaking as they're not in either Active Duty or Reserves
- You might remember Seaside as having made an appearance in not one (Payback), not two (Bravo), but THREE (Phoenix) Operations in years past.
- A large bulk of the size is in these map additions (for Breach/Seaside) and updates (for Overpass/Workout). Both Yanzl and Puddy will be getting a Prototype-quality Map Token for their part in making Breach at some point. Otherwise, the rest of it contains localization file updates, which as always, are made possible in part by contributions from Translators Like You - Thank You
- "Prototype" is equivalent to the "Self-Made" quality in both TF2 and Dota 2 for community contributors that have their stuff added in-game
- Size is close to 200 MB