The latest update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on February 11 brings in new measures to deal with players who abuse the in-game communication systems.
Valve recently announced that they would be taking measures to more effectively target those who are abusing communication in CS:GO, and it seems these measures are now being rolled out.
Following the update, those who receive significantly more reports for communication abuse than average will receive a warning. If they continue to be reported after this warning, they’ll be automatically muted by default when they join games – although teammates can still chose to unmute them. Those who are automatically muted will have to work off the punishment by earning XP.
Valve is also adjusting the mute function so that it’s more thorough. In addition to voice and in-game chat being muted, players who are muted will also have their name and avatar hidden, effectively hiding any identifying features of the player in the game.
In addition, the update also makes it so that reporting someone for abusive communication will automatically mute the player being reported, saving you an extra step if you come across someone abusing the chat.
- Read more: Stuchiu: What does impact mean in CS:GO?
As well as the changes to communication, the patch fixes the Ballistic Shield so that it blocks all melee attacks, and includes a visual update for the Mac 10 ‘Classic Crate’ skin.
The full patch notes for the February 11 update can be read below.
CS:GO February 11 patch notes
[ COMMUNICATIONS ]
– Players who receive significantly more communication abuse reports than others will receive a warning. If they continue to receive significantly more reports they will be muted by default. Other players can unmute them through the scoreboard as usual.
– Muting a player will now also hide their name and avatar.
– Reporting a player for abusive communications will now automatically mute them.
[ MISC ]
– Ballistic Shield will now block all melee attacks (knife, axe, fists, etc.)
– Texture and normal updates to the MAC-10 | Classic Crate to match new MAC-10 UV from Kai123