Raven has announced that a brand-new settings update went live for Warzone on April 28 and it provides fixes for both the Hunt for Adler event and the out-of-map exploits that have been plaguing the game since the Season 3 update.
If you’ve been annoyed by some of the bugs affecting Warzone recently then you’ll be happy to know that a new update has been released that fixes a few major problems.
The update, which is the first patch since the Season 3 update on April 21, brings a few notable changes to Warzone. Fortunately, it isn’t a full-blown patch, so players won’t have to download anything on to their platforms and will instead be prompted to install a small playlist update once they log-in.
Warzone April 28 update notable changes
Most notably, Raven has fixed the out-of-map exploits that a lot of players have been utilizing since Verdansk ’84’s launch. While the inclusion of the new map was generally well-received, it did bring with it few bugs so it was only a matter of time before it was fixed.
The developers have also fixed the Hunt for Adler event. The Warzone challenges for the event have been causing problems ever since it started, with some of the intel required spawning outside of the play area and some of the challenges not tracking properly.
Both of the aforementioned problems should be fixed after this latest update. While the event was originally supposed to end on April 28, Activision has extended it by 24 hours to give players extra time to complete it with the new fixes in place. The event will now end on April 29, 2021, at 10AM PST (1PM EST).
In addition to both the Hunt for Adler event and out-of-map exploits getting fixed, some other minor bugs also got squashed, including one that was causing the gas mask screen overlay to stay after the item broke and one that allowed a Modern Warfare weapon to spawn in loot boxes, even though that shouldn’t be possible.
Finally, the size of the first and second circles in Verdansk Resurgance have been reduced, which should change up the gameplay pretty substantially.
Raven’s official patch notes follow:
- The sizes of the first and second circles have been reduced for Verdansk Resurgence.
- End-of-game open mic has been turned off for modes with infinite respawn mechanics. This was intended to take effect with the release of Season Three last week.
- “Hunt for Adler” Limited-Time Event
- Fixed a bug with Challenge completion not tracking as intended.
- Fixed a bug causing Intel to spawn outside of the playable map.
- Fixed several map locations in Verdansk that allowed players to reach out-of-bounds areas.
- Fixed a bug that would cause gas mask overlays to remain on screen indefinitely if a player exited the gas as their gas mask was fully depleted.
- Fixed a bug where the epic loot M82 Semi-Auto Sniper was incorrectly labeled as thermal.
- Fixed a bug where the Modern Warfare “Razorwire” Submachine Gun Charlie blueprint could appear in loot caches.
- The R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow has had its reload audio restored.
- Fixed a bug that disallowed players from exiting the plane in Battle Royale Practice mode.
- The explosion in Verdansk’s vista no longer dances around when viewed from different angles. Thanks Geeky P.