As Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War approach the highly anticipated Season 3, new updates have rolled out across both games on April 15 — bringing new modes, playlists, and XP offerings.
Things are ramping up in CoD’s battle royale, multiplayer, and zombies worlds with Season 3 getting closer and closer on the horizon. Warzone has new action and new playlists while Black Ops Cold War is celebrating the addition of new modes with a ton of player 2XP. Here’s all you need to know for each game.
Warzone April 15 update patch notes
The biggest Warzone news for April 15 came with the change in migration of the game’s zombies and the addition of radiation zones that can either kill players or turn them into zombies. But Raven Software also deployed some other playlist changes as well.
Along with Warzone’s changes to zombies and radiation zones, here are April 15’s playlist changes:
- Plunder: Blood Money Quads
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence Duos
- Verdansk: Mini Royale Trios
- Plunder: Quads
Black Ops Cold War April 15 update patch notes
- Custom Mods
- Now available in Create-a-Class. Name and save up to 10 custom Blueprint creations per weapon via the Custom Mods menu.
- Addressed an issue where attachments that had not been properly unlocked through weapon progression now correctly appear locked.
- Blueprint Gun Game
- All-new version of Gun Game now available in Multiplayer.
- Progress through an arsenal of Weapon Blueprints from launch through Season Two Reloaded.
- Weapon progression can change from match to match, with different Blueprints available per tier.
- First player to progress through all 20 weapons wins the match.
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Returned to Featured Playlists.
- Addressed an issue that could cause non-sniper classes to be reset when entering a match of Snipers Only Moshpit.
- New: Blueprint Gun Game
- Apocalypse 24/7
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Added adjustments to XP awards.
- Addressed an issue that could display incorrect data in the After-Action Report when playing Solo Advanced Start mode.
- Added a stability fix to Silverback Slideways bonus round.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PlayStation)
Triple-Double XP: 2XP, 2x Weapon XP, 2x Battle Pass Tiers
In a celebration of new content and an upcoming season, there will also be a Triple-Double Weekend — in which players can get double XP for their battle pass, weapons, and player leveling. For new players, this means a chance to fly through the ranks and unlock weapons and items. For veteran players, an excellent opportunity to level up new guns or simply get your prestiges rolling.
The Triple-Double XP Weekend will last from April 16 at 10 a.m. PT to April 19 at 10 a.m. PT. Be sure to make use of it and level those classes up in the meantime, as no one knows where the meta will shift in Season 3.