Call of Duty Vanguard Season 2 is now live with the much-anticipated Ranked Play, new maps in Casablanca & Gondola, and a batch of free Perks all headlining a massive update. We’ve got you covered with the full patch notes.
Along with a bevy of changes to Warzone, Raven Software and Sledgehammer just implemented a ton of new content and major bug fixes to the fold in CoD Vanguard.
Ranked Play lets players duke it out with CDL rulesets to give the average Call of Duty match a lot more structure to its gameplay. Meanwhile, the patch also brought in a killstreak and lethal equipment, with the Ball Turret and Sticky Bomb, respectively.
Before jumping into the new update, here’s a complete overview of everything in the Vanguard Season 2 patch notes.
New CoD Vanguard maps
The Vanguard Season 2 update introduced two new maps with Casablanca and Gondola to bolster the lineup of locales to play on.
Players can now get a feel for both wide-open spaces and a three-laned battlefield with the new additions.
CoD Vanguard Ranked Play and new modes
Call of Duty players finally have Vanguard Ranked Play to put their skills to the test with the CDL rulesets in matchmaking.
Ranked Play is joined by Arms Race in a separate playlist, giving fans plenty of playlists to explore as Season 2 sets off.
Take a look at the entire Vanguard Season 2 update patch notes below, courtesy of Sledgehammer Games.
Full Vanguard Season 2 update patch notes
- Ranked Play Beta.
- Arms Race (more to come later in the season!)
- Ball Turret Gunner for 12-kill streak
New Lethal Equipment:
- Sticky Bomb: A grenade that sticks to surfaces before detonating.
- Armory – Perk 1: A direct counter-Perk to Engineer, Armory is ideal for Operators who use more than just their weapons in combat, namely placeable Demolition Charges, concussion mines, and placeable Field Equipment pieces.
- Mechanic – Perk 3: Mechanic provides a reasonable buff to Field Upgrade charge time, making it a must-have for completing challenges related to them or for Operators who love using them.
Upcoming Seasonal Event:
- Valentine’s Event – Feb. 11-17
For more information about all the seasonal content listed here, check out the official Call of Duty Season Two content blog.
- Made several improvements to player textures and animations that resulted in Packet Burst spikes.
- Stability improvements should result in better connectivity and lower crash rates. The time to connect to Online Services should also be reduced.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in disconnecting during MVP Highlight Animations.
- A thorough pass on map environments has been completed to fix objects with unintended collision, issues with portaling through the ground, and to remove out-of-map exploits.
- Champion Hill
- There will no longer be two consecutive buy rounds at the beginning of every Champion Hill Duos 2v2 private match.
- A bug has been resolved that resulted in players losing Perk and Field Upgrade functionality in Private Matches if they played a match in Champion Hill previously.
- Spawn improvements have been made for teams of three.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in matches ending prematurely after a spectator disconnects.
- Late match joiners are now able to spawn in when lives are available.
- Swapping to spectate/different teams now consistently updates the lives left.
- The last player alive warning now consistently appears.
- Private Matches
- Silent Plant Option now works in Search and Destroy Private matches (fixed Feb 3rd).
- Seasonal Challenges
- All players can now unlock Season 1 Mastery Cards after completing all challenges.
- Field Specialist challenge is now tracking for all players.
- Counter Measures challenges are now tracking consistently for all players.
- Operator Challenges
- The Diamond operator skins will now unlock for Barbarian and Shadow operators.
- Gold and Diamond camos are now unlockable after completing all weapon Challenges.
- Ground based Killlstreaks now count towards the ‘Deadeye’ camo.
- Throwing Knife
- Distortion VFX have been removed.
- Incendiary Grenade
- Fixed a bug that caused additionally visuals to appear when Incendiary Grenades are used.
- Number of Incendiary Grenade uses are now tracked in your combat record.
- Suppression no longer applies to players with the Dauntless perk when the player is hit by shots.
- Glide Bomb
- Fixed a bug that resulted in graphical corruption when Attack Dogs were killed by a Glide Bomb.
- Mortar Barrage
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the flare and smoke VFX from previously called-in Mortar Barrages temporarily re-appear.
- Deploying the Mortar Barrage will no longer force-switch the player’s weapon.
- Activating the killstreak and getting killed at the same time will now grant you the killstreak.
- Fix a bug with Deployable Cover that resulted in constant screen shake.
Bundles & MTX
- Year of the Tiger
- Players who purchased this Bundle but did not receive the Tiger Blueprint, should now have the item.
- Red Reactor Mastercraft
- Tracers are now displayed on weapons as intended.
- Graveyard Shift Mastercraft
- “Ashed” tracers will now display correctly when applied to the Ore Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed a lighting bug with the Aquatint SMG that cause unintended lighting effect.
- Santa Slay
- The Lucas Operator outfit, “Yarn Burner”, is no longer invisible for some players.
- A bug has been fixed that stopped players being unable to select a weapon when editing Prestige weapon classes.
- Prestige player progression is now viewable and tracking properly.
- Watch preview is no longer missing from the Battle Pass menu.
- A bug resulting in Play of the Game not playing or ending early has been fixed.
- Quips no longer play after an Operator is dead.
- Free Trial players should no longer encounter the error “This content is only available in the full game.