Warzone devs have constantly been updating the playlist to give the community different game modes to try out. From objective-based Payload to Clash 50v50 there are plenty of things to try. However, Warzone’s newest mode, Iron Trials ‘84, is set to be the hardest Battle Royale ever.
Season 5 Reloaded is bringing tons of new content, including a new game mode, to Warzone. For players that might be bored of the classic BR mode or Rebirth Island, Iron Trials ‘84 could be their saving grace.
This mode has taken all the aspects that you love and know from Verdnask and cranked them up. More health, longer TTKs, expensive loadout drops, and more — this is going to going to be super competitive.
On top of that, the Gulag is throwing a new twist into Warzone that has never been seen before. Iron Trials is for the best of the best and chaos is certain to ensue.
Warzone Iron Trials ‘84 rules
This new Warzone game mode could be one of the hardest we have ever seen. To start, players will have more health than the normal mode and a different regen rate. The health has been increased from 100 to 250 and regen has been reduced from 120 to 40 health per second. This will create longer gunfights, raising the TTK on every weapon.
While the TTK will change, snipers are also getting a huge nerf. They will now only kill in one shot if done from 30 meters or less. On top of that, stuns and stims are less effective, making players trust their gun skill more than ever.
- Sniper Rifles: A single headshot from a Sniper Rifle will only down an enemy if they are within 30 meters. This gives time for those on the receiving end of a longshot to react – the most elite snipers will be able to adjust their strategies accordingly and still dish out lethal damage at long range with precise follow-up shots.
- Stun Grenades: Decreased the stun effect duration by 50%.
- Medical Syringes: Decreased the regeneration rate by 50%. Players will find that this piece of tactical equipment is still quite effective despite this change, especially given altered health regeneration rules.
Warzone Iron Trials ’84 Buy Station prices & loot
Another big change comes with the buys station, all prices have been drastically increased to make it a bit harder to get set up. The prices are listed below:
- Armor Bundle: $1,500 to $2,000
- Gas Mask: $3,000 to $4,000
- Cluster Strike: $3,000 to $4,000
- Precision Strike: $3,500 to $4,500
- Self Revive: $4,000 to $5,000
- UAV: $4,000 to $6,000
- Loadout Drop Marker: $10,000 to $15,000
Players drop into this mode with just a .44 Magnum and a Sledgehammer. However, finding weapons upgrades can be difficult. The spawn rate for Epic and Legendary loot has been reduced and a new rarity, “Classified” has been introduced. Classified weapons will have more than the standard five attachments but are extremely hard to find.
Another new aspect of this mode is the removal of Dead Silence and Stopping Power. This will allow for more tactical play and make players think twice before taking a fight.
The full list of changes can be found here:
- Loot: The item pool for Supply Boxes and items found on the ground have been significantly altered from that seen in standard play. This mode also emphasizes the importance of scavenging to survive – having a knowledge of where to find boxes and being able to complete multiple Contracts are two general Warzone skills that become even more useful in Iron Trials ‘84.
- Basic Attachments: Common weapons will start with an attachment – most to provide their max magazine size.
- Rarity Spawn Rates: Epic and Legendary weapons are now harder to find. Players will have to open a few more boxes than usual to find what they’re looking for.
- New Rarity – Classified: These weapons will spawn with a few more attachments than usual – more than the standard five. That said, good luck finding one.
- Killstreaks: Drop rates have been reduced. Time to stop spamming UAVs and to start putting those senses to the test.
- Cash Spawns: Larger piles of cash are rarer. Players will have to stay on top of scavenging for cash if they plan to afford a Loadout.
- Field Upgrades: No Dead Silence. No Stopping Power Rounds. Period.
While these may move away from the traditional Warzone mode, these changes are focused on making the game more about gunfights.
Warzone Iron Trials ’84 Gulag
There is a Gulag, but it’s stripped down to really focus on earning your redeployment. There are no akimbo weapons or full- and semi-auto shotguns, as well as fewer tactical and lethal equipment options. This is just a pure gunfight to let the best person win.
If you earn redeployment, you will drop back into Verdansk with the weapons and equipment that you used in the Gulag.
Release date & Rewards for Iron Trials ‘84
This hardcore game mode is now live and will be for the time being. Players can drop in with their duo and fight to become the best-of-best.
We can't all be winners in the Iron Trials… but for those of us who are, there's an exclusive reward. 🥇
— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) September 16, 2021
As for rewards, players that are able to win a game will get this exclusive Calling Card. There are no participation trophies and only those that can win a game will be able to get their hands on this.