Following the trend set from the game's release, a PC-specific patch for Black Ops 4 has dropped a couple days after the last major console update.
This update addresses many aspects of the game from quality of life improvements across the board to specific changes and fixes in each individual mode.
First off, Treyarch has improved melee hit registration and added enemy attachment information to killcams for players on all platforms, while also providing some updates on CWL Custom Game settings.
More crash fixes in Zombies and general bug fixes were also included with the update to round things out for the global population.
This update also featured a host of changes specific to the PC version of the game and key in on many issues that players have been asking about for quite some time.
The biggest changes of all was another weapon balance pass that has again focused on SMGs, with the Saug 9mm, Spitfire, and Cordite all seeing nerfs to their hip fire spread.
PC players also received some specific keybinds and other gameplay options, while outlining a few things that they have in the pipeline for upcoming PC updates.
You can read the full patch notes for the November 15 update below:
Nov. 15 Update: PC Title Update, MP Gameplay Improvements, Zombies Fixes, CWL Custom Game Updates, A Note on Speed Cola + more
Our latest title update to Black Ops 4 has arrived on PC, with a long list of changes exclusive to PC joining changes included in this week’s global update. Unique gameplay balance updates are made on PC separately from their console counterparts, and the team takes the time needed to ensure each meta is adjusted accordingly. Check out the PC section below for what’s included just for PC players, as these notes cover multiple updates over the past 24 hours, including what’s coming in today’s newest update.
We’ve also made a handful of gameplay and quality-of-life improvements across all modes on all platforms, including improved melee attack hit registration and exploit fixes in Multiplayer, as well as several more crash fixes and gameplay issue resolutions in Zombies. These include improved stability across all Zombies maps and numerous updates to IX and Blood of the Dead.
This week in Zombies, we’ve introduced a modifier to the Perk system (lovingly known as “Speed Cola”in previous games) that increases weapon reload speed. In Black Ops 4, this modifier adds a +33% reload speed improvement. When combined with Fast Mags/Hybrid Mags, it will have a combined effect of a 50% increase, which is the same as the highest increase in previous games. This preserves the role of these weapon attachments in creating the quickest-handling guns in each weapon class. Additionally, we wanted to ensure the reload modifiers from certain Pack-a-Punch versions of weapons are still meaningful, which stack with the “Speed Cola” new tuning values. As always, we will continue to monitor game balance and continue to make adjustments as necessary.
We’ve made the following updates to the game (Global):
- Improved melee attack hit registration. More improvements to come in an upcoming patch.
- Added enemy attachment information to Killcam.
- Resolved an issue where players leaving a match shortly after joining could cause a white square to appear in the Scoreboard.
- Closed an exploit that allowed players to apply Dark Matter, Gold, or Diamond Camos on any weapon regardless of camo progress.
- Resolved an issue where players with Signature Weapons could encounter UI Error 55068 when selecting a weapon under another Custom Class tab.
- CWL Custom Games
- Specialist Equipment restrictions are now implemented as intended.
- Players now continue to earn score toward Scorestreaks after the first round of CWL Search & Destroy and CWL Control.
- Torque is no longer selectable in CWL Search & Destroy to align with current official CWL ruleset. These changes will continue to be tested and reviewed for viability in competitive play.
- Torque’s Razor Wire no longer does damage to align with current official CWL ruleset.
- Resolved an issue where players could become stuck and unable to move when walking into an enemy Torque’s Razor Wire.
- Closed an exploit where players could grapple on top of the red shed.
- Firing Range
- Closed a cover exploit on top of some sandbags.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when shooting down the Care Package, Mantis, or Strike Team Helicopters.
- Gun Game
- Resolved an issue in Gun Game where winning a match, then leaving the lobby before the next game starts, could cause that player’s name to appear on the next game’s Scoreboard with stats from the previous game.
- EKIA tracking has been added for Domination and Control to the “Proactive Measures” Challenge requirements in the Game Heroics category.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player disconnected while the Chakram was thrown.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Blightfather performed its tracking missile attack.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while using Anywhere But Here.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while using the Chakram throw.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur upon Homunculus death.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when fighting the Destroyer during the Main Quest.
- Fixed a crash that could occur upon completing the Arena Rock side quest.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when enemies spawned during the Ra obelisk step in the Main Quest.
- Resolved an issue in Blood of the Dead where ambient music would abruptly stop and restart when progressing through rounds.
- Closed an exploit where players could use certain Elixirs without consuming them.
- Updated descriptions for Ranger, Airborne, Frogman, Seal, and Battle Hardened characters to clarify that they are unlocked by progressing to a specific Echelon.
- Resolved an issue where attempting to load a custom Paintjob could cause a UI Error message to appear.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between modes.
- Fist Bump returned to the Gestures menu.
- Resolved an issue where the Daily Tier Skip icon could appear misaligned in the main menu.
- Black Market
- Resolved an issue where current Tier progress could be reset by acquiring a Special Order.
- Resolved an issue where the Black Market menu could disappear when switching between the Multiplayer and Zombies menus.
We’ve made the following changes to the game exclusively to PC, in addition to balance changes and fixes from this week’s global update and the changes listed above:
- Fixed a crash occurring on CPUs that don't support SSE4.1 instructions extension. This issue was affecting AMD Phenom CPUs.
- Fixed a rare crash during the first seconds after launching the game.
- Added three new keybinds for Stance Up, Stance Up/Jump, and Stance Down.
- Added a gameplay option for ADS sensitivity trigger timing.
- Added a gameplay option to remove hitmarker visual and/or sound.
- Added an option to toggle Asus Aura RGB effects On or Off.
- Adjusted iron sights and scope movement while turning to make them appear close to the center of the screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Push to Talk keybind would not work with an overlay opened.
- Resolved an issue where the player could not name Paintjobs.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not change reticle color with the mouse.
- Added visual improvements on tooltips throughout various menus.
- New messages will now always be displayed in the chat box, including callouts.
- Aligned buttons in the Custom Games lobby.
- Resolved an issue with re-rolling enemy Care Packages with the Engineer Perk.
- Resolved an issue where a Specialist would appear in the preview slot when no Specialist was selected during the Specialist draft.
- Resolved a visual issue in Heist where the close button would remain on screen when closing the Buy menu with the ESC key.
- Resolved an issue where the textures would appear pitch black for several seconds at the beginning of a match.
- Saug 9mm
- Hip fire spread increased.
- Hip fire spread increased.
- Slightly reduced the hip-fire bonus granted by the Laser Sight attachment.
- Hip-fire spread increased.
- Tactical Rifles
- Auger DMR
- Slightly increased rate of fire.
- ABR 223
- Reduced delay between each burst.
- Sniper Rifles
- Paladin HB50
- High Caliber I - Added shoulders to the one-shot kill zone.
- High Caliber II - Now grants a one-shot kill to the stomach and above. Hands and lower arms have been removed from the one-shot one kill zone.
- Fixed an issue where the game was not using the PC description for the Paladin and its attachments.
- Added a keybind to tag an item.
- Added Perk activation feedback in the player HUD.
- Pressing the Interact key will now close the Stash while looting a Stash.
- Resolved an issue where players could use a Trauma Kit before the game began to start with 200 Health.
- Resolved an issue where the "Toggle" healing would heal faster than the "Hold" option.
- Resolved an issue where the Free Look mode would make it impossible to move the RC-XD.
- Fixed a crash occurring when aiming down sights using a Hades equipped with a 2x scope.
We are also currently aware of some issues that were introduced with the new title update on PC, and the team is working on fixing the following issues:
- Left arrow to navigate through Custom Classes in the Create-a-Class menu is missing.
- Players can still change tabs by using the “Navigate to Previous Tab” and “Navigate to Next Tab” keybinds.
- Hitmarker options are not always set to their default value when launching the game.
- New options were introduced to allow the player to remove the visuals and/or audio for hitmarkers. If you wish the enable them, you will find the following options in the Interface tab in the Options menu:
- Hitmarker Visuals
- Hitmarker Sound Effect
- Damage-Based Hitmarkers
There are other issues on our radar at the moment, with fixes also underway. Please keep your feedback coming, and we’ll provide status updates here in future posts.
Source - Reddit