Call of Duty developers Infinity Ward have pushed through the first update in Modern Warfare, and we've got all of the information you need – including the patch notes.
The October 25 update was the first in Modern Warfare since the full version of the game launched earlier in the day.
The patch is live and available now on all three platforms, taking up 1.804 GB of space on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and 7 GB on PC.
A large portion of the update was dedicated to fixing some of the persisting issues and bugs in the game, while adding new content in the form of two game modes.
You can find all of the details for this patch below, including the official patch notes as they were provided by Infinity Ward.
Two new modes added – Ground War and Free-for-All
This update has added two new game modes to Modern Warfare multiplayer – Ground War and Free-for-All.
Ground War was arguably the most popular mode during the Beta, with players enjoying the impressive large-scale 32v32 action that had never been seen before in Call of Duty. While not available right at launch, the developers took the players' positive feedback into account and added it shortly thereafter.
Free-for-All has always been a popular mode for those who enjoy playing CoD without having to worry about being let down by teammates. Unlike Ground War, it wasn't featured during the Beta weekends, so time will tell whether it will work well within Modern Warfare.
Crashes and bug fixes
As is usually the case, the launch-day version of Modern Warfare still had some issues that needed sorting out, primarily the game crashing on all platforms.
This update has improved the game's stability to help prevent such crashes, as well as addressed nine other bugs affecting the campaign and multiplayer and two issues specific to PC.
Here are the patch notes for the October 25 v1.04 update, as posted on Reddit.
10/25/19 - Playlist Update
- Adding FFA
- Turning on Ground War
- Removing 10v10 Domination from Aniyah
10/25/19 - Title Update
- Backend fixes to help prevent against crashing across all platforms – if you experience a crash, please let us know
- Fix for a bug where players could earn more points when shooting specific vehicles while having Pointman equipped
- Improved ADS while using weapons without scopes on Xbox
- In some instances, some players were not able to complete the Highway mission due to an exfil bug
- Fix for the “Best of the Best” challenge not tracking progress
- Fix for the “Elite Sniper” challenge not displaying the correct description
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression
- Fix for the unlock criteria for the “Double Cross” reticle not progressing past 4
- Fix for the description and requirements needed to unlock some optic scopes in Gunsmith
- Fix for an exploit in Gunsmith when using mouse and keyboard
- Dev Error 6065: We’re currently working on a fix for this and appreciate your patience. Lowering your graphics settings can help in the meantime.
- Dev Error 6165: Players encountering this issue should try a ‘Scan and Repair’ through the Battle.net application. If this isn’t successful, a full reinstall might fix the issue.