Call of Duty developers Infinity Ward have released another update for Modern Warfare Season 2, which introduced the new Bazaar Gunfight map, several new playlists, as well as changes to weapons, the CDL Playlist and more.
Season 2 continues to roll on in Modern Warfare as Infinity Ward have released more new content that didn't make the cut when the season first launched.
This latest v1.15 update, which went live on February 25, was a pretty sizable one, taking up 7GB of space on PlayStation 4, 11GB on Xbox One, and 10GB on PC.
It added a new map to the Gunfight rotation called Bazaar, as well as several new playlists and modes, including one called Dirty Old House Boat that puts the fan-favorite maps Shipment, Rust, and Shoot House in a single 24/7 playlist.
The patch implemented some other changes, as well, including adjustments to several weapons and attachments, tweaks to the Call of Duty League Playlist, and some general fixes and quality-of-live improvements.
A thorough breakdown of this update can be found below, including the full patch notes.
BAZAAR GUNFIGHT MAP
The newest addition to the Gunfight map pool is Bazaar, which is officially described as a "multi-level three-lane battlefield that takes place in a small corner of Urzikstan."
It's the second new Gunfight map in Season 2, after Rust - but it won't be the last, as the roadmap has teased more will be coming later on in the season.
NEW PLAYLISTS AND MODES
The patch included a playlist update that introduced four new ones to multiplayer:
- "Boots on the Ground War" - no tanks, teams will face-off on boots and small vehicles using Realism rules
- 3v3 Snipers on Rust - available in Gunfight
- Dirty Old House Boat - Shipment, Rust and Shoot House 24/7
- Giant Infection!
A surprise set of weapon tuning changes was also pushed through with this update, making adjustments to several guns and their attachments in multiplayer.
Weapons affected include Season 2's new Striker 45 SMG, Model 680, Origin 12, R9-0, Crossbow, SA87, and AK-47.
Several important updates were made to the Call of Duty League playlist in Modern Warfare. Now, when CDL Rules are enabled, players will see a Restrictions icon next to all banned items so they can build their classes properly.
In the same vein, the changes that were made to the official CDL ruleset are now in effect as well: Domination round timer was reduced from six minutes to five and Search and Destroy's from two minutes to one minute and 30 seconds.
Last but not least, Thermite, Throwing Knives and Killstreaks are all now restricted, which was highly-requested by the player-base.
Modern Warfare 1.15 update patch notes
The full official patch notes for the February 25 update are available below, as provided by Infinity Ward.
- New map, Bazaar!
- Added Shoot House to an existing playlist with Shipment and Rust 24/7 ("Dirty Old House Boat")
- 3v3 Snipers on Rust!
- Giant Infection!
- "Boots on the Ground War" (Realism rules. No tanks.)
- Fix for a bug where friends who are online in Social Tab were not always appearing at the top of the list
- Various map exploit fixes
- Fix for some players seeing an incorrect Career Level
- More fixes to Regiment tags
- Fix for some players encountering an issue where their mouse stopped working after the last title update
- Fixed a bug in 3v3 Gunfight that allowed players to shoot through the center structure on King while using the AX-50
- Fixed an error that could occur when Hardline was earned in Specialist
- Quality of life backend fixes to help the Regiments and Social menus run smoother
- Fix for a spawn exploit on Vacant
- Fix for White Phosphorous killing all players instantly when in Realism modes
Trials: Fix for the score at the end of “Fire in the Hole” not tallying up properly
- Fixed a bug for the “Kills with Enemy Weapon” Karma challenge not tracking properly
- Fixed Daily Challenges that require you to get an X number of kills with an enemy weapon
- Fix for an objective when completing Golem’s Operator Mission that requested 5 Kills with lethal equipment but was tracking with killstreaks.
- “Alliance” Objective 6: Complete any 4 Co-Op Operations has been fixed
- “Alliance” Objective 2: Requires 50 Juggernaut kills with Otter as your Coalition Operator. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where weapons stopped showing level progress 1 level before their max rank, giving the appearance that they are no longer gaining XP
- Striker 45: Fixing range and ADS speed to match the description of the 300mm Poly Barrel
- Model 680: Slight range increase
- Model 680 XRK 30.0 Sport: range increase
- Slight Range decrease and ADS increase to the following:
- Model 680 – XRK 18.0” Liberator
- R9-0 Force TAC Sentry
- Origin 12 Forge TAC Precision
- Under Barrel Shotguns: increased pellet count, reduced rate of fire, increased shell count to 8, tuned autoswap after ammo is complete, range increase
- Crossbow: Increased reload speed
- Fixed a bug where the Akimbo Snakeshot .357s did not register damage for both guns when fired on the same frame
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
Classic Special Operations: Fix for a graphical bug that could occur on mission "Disinform" while on Xbox
Special Operations: Survival
- Piccadilly: Fix for a bug where helicopters could clip through buildings
- Adjusted Cluster Strike damage towards enemy helicopters
- Fix for a bug where destroying the enemy helicopter/pilot was not awarding money as intended
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for a bug that could prevent players from using the Cruise Missile while having the Thermite Launcher equipped
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed an issue where the Juggernauts outside the airport might not pursue players after breaking stealth
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed a bug where a player would have infinite ammo and standard weapons if jumping out of the plane with the Juggernaut suit
Call of Duty League:
- When CDL Rules are enabled, the Restrictions warning icon will be displayed next to the buttons that contain CDL banned items, even if they are in sub menus. This should make it easier for players to know what parts of their loadouts need to be replaced in order to follow CDL Rules.
- Domination: Round timer set to 5 minutes (previously 6)
- Search and Destroy: Round timer set to 1 minute 30 seconds (from 2 minutes)
- Restricted Thermite, Throwing Knives, and Killstreaks to CDL playlist
CoD Caster: Reintroduced the Data View feature, allowing KBM Codcasters to view player information by pressing the keybind assigned in the Options menu.
PC: Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability