TwitchCon 2018 hosted the first-ever Doritos Bowl - the inaugural tournament for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's brand new Blackout battle royale mode.
The Doritos Bowl featured some of the biggest content creators of the online gaming community competing against each other for a larger share of the $250,000 prize pool.
The competition took place on Saturday, October 27, and was streamed live from TwitchCon.
The Doritos Bowl will featured four teams, each of which will had one team captain and three teammates of his choice.
Teams were officially announced on September 14, which meant all of the players have had plenty of time to train and play together ahead of the tournament.
The high profile tournament was watched by hundreds of thousands online, with former CS:GO pro Shroud taking the title.
- Ninja (captain)
- Gold Glove
- Shroud (captain)
- CouRage (captain)
- DrLupo (captain)
- Mad Ruski
- Ninja with no L
The Doritos Bowl format used the following scoring system, which prioritizes kills and match placements.
Kills = 1 point
Placing Top 10 = +0.5x Multiplier Bonus*
Placing Top 5 = +0.75x Multiplier Bonus*
Placing Top 3 - +1.25x Multiplier Bonus*
* Points do not stack. Winning a game only awards a +1.25x multiplier bonus, not a 2.5x multiplier bonus.
- The 4 teams will go through 4 heats where they will look to score as many points as possible.
- Once all team members have entered a game, the lobby will be opened up and filled by the fans.
- The competition will award the teams points for placing in the top 10 and earning kills.
- At the end of the final heat, the team with the most total points will be crowned the Doritos Bowl champions!