Team SuperEvan has walked away with the $25,000 top prize (and a year’s supply of Doritos) in the Twitch Rivals Disruptor Series, a Warzone tournament hosted by Doritos, beating out Tommey’s squad by 1.3 points to claim the victory.
- Team SuperEvan takes out Disruptor Series title
- Team Tommey, Team ShadedStep fell away in final game
- Top players included Tommey, SuperEvan, and more
The Doritos Disruptor Series ft. Swagg, powered by Twitch Rivals, was a trio custom lobby tournament played across six games and with a number of restrictions and rules in place, after months of refining the competitive landscape of Verdansk.
With just several weeks left before Call of Duty: Vanguard drops and Warzone gets a complete overhaul, Twitch and Doritos put on an absolute banger for the community.
Here’s everything that went down in the $25k event, and a full recap on the mouthwatering Doritos-fuelled action.
Twitch Rivals Doritos Disruptor: Final Placements (Top 8)
|1st||Team SuperEvan||138.8||$10,000 + year of Doritos|
$25k Twitch Rivals Doritos Warzone stream
The tournament was streamed live on the Doritos Twitch channel (embedded above) and the official Twitch Rivals channel. As well as that, fans were able to watch the tournament on all the top streamers’ channels too, if you were looking to just watch one POV.
The tournament kicked off at 12 PM PT/3 PM ET/8 PM BST on Monday, October 4.
$25k Twitch Rivals Doritos Warzone format
This tournament featured 49 trios dropping in on Verdansk, playing 6 games, earning points for kills as well as placement multipliers. While you can check out the tournament page for the full ruleset, here’s a look at some of the main restrictions and changes from this tourney:
- No Riot shields
- No launchers (including Combat Bow and Crossbows)
- No shotguns
- No Stoner 63
- No Akimbo pistol
- No snipers
- Exceptions: HDR, AX-50, and the Tundra
- Ground loot snipers can be claimed until a loadout is hit
- No melee weapons
- Exceptions: Knife
- Dead Silence and Stopping Power field upgrades cannot be used.
- If picked up they cannot be used even to be discarded. Any usage, at any time, will lead to player disqualification and zero points for the round
- No tacticals allowed
- Exceptions: Smoke grenades, Snapshot grenades, Decoy grenades, and Stims
- Perk limitations: Ghost and Combat Scout cannot be used
$25k Twitch Rivals Doritos Warzone teams & players
This tournament featured some of the top names in Warzone. While Swagg was guaranteed, we also saw the likes of Tommey, Aydan, HusKerrs, and more drop into Verdansk in the battle for the top prize.
- Read More: Top 10 most viewed Warzone Twitch streamers
This was the first of the Doritos Disruptor Series tournaments, which all lead up to the Doritos Bowl. With Swagg leading the way for the Warzone portion, other tournaments will feature captains ItsHafu, Tyler1, and iTzTimmy.