JoshOG and his star-studded Call of Duty squad of HusKerrs and Diegosaurs have claimed the Warzone Wednesday crown — as well as the $20k top prize — for the second week in a row, edging out Ninja’s team in KEEMSTAR’s event.
Warzone has experienced massive success since its launch last month. Millions have logged into Call of Duty’s second run at the genre. For the most part, superstars from all across the gaming world have flocked to the BR.
Just as he's done with other massive battle royales like Fortnite, KEEMSTAR put together a weekly tournament series called Warzone Wednesday, featuring some of the biggest names of gaming content creation.
You can find everything you need to know about Week 2 of Warzone Wednesdays below, including the final results & placements, all of the teams that competed, the overall format, and plenty more:
$20K Warzone Wednesdays tournament recap
For the second week running, JoshOG, HusKerrs, and Diegosaurs have emerged victorious in KEEMSTAR’s Warzone Wednesday tourney. Their 91–76 victory over Ninja’s squad in the final wasn’t secured until the final game though.
After battling through the open bracket, JoshOG’s team topped the table with 221 kills. They were joined in the semifinals by eventual finals rivals Ninja and co, after the runners-up beat NoahJ456, Aydan, and TylerTeeP.
For most of the finals, Ninja’s team seemed to be setting the pace. A disastrous second run saw all three of them wiped out in the Gulag, however, including a heart-stopping loss in the shotgun round for Albralelie. The team ended on just 75 kills. JoshOG’ squad were able to capitalize, marching on to 91 eliminations.
The tournament was, unfortunately, also plagued with a few controversies — fourth-placed Vikkstar123, ProSyndicate, and Itz_WarZ were bumped out in the semis after coming face to face with a number of Warzone hackers.
KEEMSTAR jumped on Twitter to address the issue mid-tournament, apologizing that they couldn’t reset the bracket, and demanding Infinity Ward investigate.
“Hackers have taken over Warzone. Unfortunately, we don’t have the manpower to investigate each case when a player is killed by a hacker. So we can’t grant those teams a restart. COD needs to fix this or Warzone will die in a week,” he said.
Clearly hackers have taken over Warzone.
Unfortunately we simply don’t have the manpower to investigate each individual case when a player is killed by a hacker. So we can’t grant those teams a restart.
COD needs to fix this or Warzone will die in a week. JS
— KEEM 🍿 (@KEEMSTAR) April 1, 2020
Despite these issues, the tourney delivered a close final, and sets up JoshOG’s seemingly unstoppable squad for a three-peat if they decide to compete in KEEMSTAR’s event again next week — can anyone put a stop to their run?
Warzone Wednesdays Week 2 Placements (Top 10)
|1st||JoshOG, HusKerrs, Diegosaurs||392||$20,000|
|2nd||Ninja, King Richard, TSM Albralelie||273||-|
|3rd||NoahJ456, Aydan, TylerTeeP||267||-|
|4th||Vikkstar123, ProSyndicate, Itz_WarsZ||260||-|
|5th||Nadeshot, Cloakzy, CourageJD||160||-|
|6th||NickMercs, SypherPK, Crimsix||159||-|
|7th||Summit1g, Clayster, Emongg||149||-|
|8th||SwaggerSouls, Goodguyfitz, BasicallyIDoWrk||120||-|
|9th||Dizzy, Felo, Trainwreckstv||103||-|
|10th||Symfuhny, Greekgodx, Andy Pyro||94||-|
When was Warzone Wednesday Week 2?
The second running of this competition took place on Wednesday, April 1, kicking off at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET. It lasted a few hours.
It was broadcast live on Keem's official Twitch channel, which we've included below. Additionally, most of the participants streamed their POVs from their own personal channels, some of which we also have provided below if you want to watch back.
Players and Teams
Warzone Wednesday is a 16-team competition featuring some of the biggest gaming content creators, Call of Duty pro players, and even the occasional celebrity.
The list of teams for Week 2 is, once again, stacked and star-studded, led by defending champions JoshOG, HusKerrs, and Diegosaurs, who put a masterclass performance in their Week 1 victory.
- Team 1 - TeePee, NoahJ456, Aydan
- Team 2 - SwaggerSouls, Fitz, BasicallyIDoWrk
- Team 3 - Avalanche, Classify, Froste
- Team 4 - Nadeshot, Cloakzy, CouRage
- Team 5 - JoshOG, HusKerrs, Diegosaurs
- Team 6 - Avxry, TypicalGamer, 72hrs
- Team 7 - FaZe Adapt, UglyGod, Censor
- Team 8 - Vikkstar123, ProSyndicate, Itz_WarsZ
- Team 9 - KingRichard, Ninja, TSM_Albralelie
- Team 10 - Symfuhny, Greekgodx, Andy Pyro
- Team 11 - NICKMERCS, Crimsix, SypherPK
- Team 12 - castro1021, LosPollosTV, bateson87
- Team 13 - dizzy, felo, trainwreckstv
- Team 14 - Lupo, Wuskin, Aoki
- Team 15 - summit1g, clayster, Emongg
- Team 16 - Zuckles McCreamy NoisyButters
— KEEM 🍿 (@KEEMSTAR) March 25, 2020
Format and Rules
The format for Week 2 is a bit different from the first week, in that there is no longer a single-elimination bracket. Instead, the 16 teams are all competing against each other at the same time across several rounds.
- Round 1:
- Each team will play 5 games.
- Whatever your best score is out of the 5 games will be placed on a leaderboard.
- All teams will then we ranked 1-16 and the top 4 teams will advance.
- (Round 2) Semi-finals:
- All teams will play 2 games.
- The total aggregate kills between the 2 games will be your final score for Round 2.
- Whichever team has more kills in total will advance forward in the brackets.
- (Round 3) Finals:
- The final two teams will play 3 games.
- The total aggregate kills between the 3 games will be your final score for Round 3.
- The team with the most kills at the end of round 3 will be the winner!
— KEEM 🍿 (@KEEMSTAR) April 1, 2020
In case there is a tie in the elimination total between the two teams, tie-breakers will be used in the following order:
- Team with the player who had the highest individual eliminations.
- If still tied, move on to the second-highest individual eliminations on the team.
- Compare third-highest individual eliminations from both teams.
- Team with the most total damage for the overall games played in the match.
There is a $20,000 prize pool for this event, all of which will go to the winning team, so it's definitely an all-or-nothing type event each week that it comes around!