UPDATE: This tournament has already wrapped up. To catch up with all the action, including final placements, top highlights, and more, make sure to visit our 100 Thieves Warzone From Home recap page.
After weeks of waiting, teases, and speculation, Warzone was finally added to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on March 10, giving fans the chance to test their skills in the battle royale arena.
Even though the mode is in its infancy, we’ve already had a handful of competitive events – with the recent $50,000 Code Green being the standout. However, 100 Thieves and Cash App are raising the stakes, literally, by putting on their $100,000 Warzone From Home event – where $50,000 will go to the winning team's chosen charity and $50,000 will go to the viewers.
When does 100 Thieves' Warzone From Home tournament start?
This competition is taking place on Friday, March 20, kicking off at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET and is expected to last for a few hours, especially since Warzone matches can sometimes take a little longer.
It will be livestreamed on the official CashApp Twitch channel, which we've included below for your convenience. Many of the participants will be broadcasting their POVs from their personal channels as well, some of which we've also included.
100 Thieves' Warzone From Home - Live Bracket
This competition will be played on a single-elimination bracket that's being updated live throughout the day by organizers BoomTV.
You can always check out the most recently updated version of the bracket by visiting the Warzone From Home web-page here.
Teams & Players
There are a total of 16 teams competing in today's event, each one composed of three players, since the tournament will be played in the game's standard Trios playlist.
- Nadeshot, CouRage, Cloakzy
- Di3seL, Jericho, GoldGlove
- TimTheTatman, dizzy, 72hrs
- TeePee, Crowder, Merk
- JoshOG, Diegosaurs, HusKers
- Vikkstar, Its Warz, MVapulear
- Mendo, xQc, Aimbotcalvin
- Fedmyster, iiTzTimmy, TSm Albralelie
- Aydan, xAmpz, SuperEvan
- Marksman, AladdinLTD, BaeSoldier
- Symfuhny, TSM Imperial, ZachMazer
- KingRichard, Hill_APEX, BCJ
- summit1G, Shroud, GaGod
- Dr Disrespect, DougisRaw, VSNZ
- Trainwrecks, GreekGodx, Andy Pyro
- Nick Eh 30, MonsterDFace, BonsairBroz
Revealing our first 4 teams for Warzone From Home!
Team: @Nadeshot @CouRageJD @cloakzy
Team: @Di3seL_ @JERICHO @GoldGloveTV
Team: @timthetatman @dizzy @72hrs
Team: @TylerTeeP @JamesCrowder @JoeDeLuca #CashAppWFH | @CashApp pic.twitter.com/6MXFWonK46
— 100 Thieves (@100Thieves) March 19, 2020
Format & Rules
This single-elimination tournament features what is commonly referred to as the 'kill-race' format, which means the teams matched up against each other in each round of the bracket must both load into separate public matches and try to get as many points possible.
Each match is a 'best thru 2,' so two games of Warzone are played and the team with the more points advances. Points are earned by getting both eliminations and victories - kills are worth one point each while a win earns five.
This applies for all rounds of the competition except the final one, the grand final, which will have three games played instead of two.
- 16 teams compete in a head-to-head single elimination tournament.
- All rounds through Semi-Finals is a ‘best thru 2’, where team score is the aggregate kills and wins for two games.
- Finals is a ‘best thru 3’, where team score is aggregate kills and wins for three games.
- Teams are preselected by Administration.
- Players will be streaming their viewpoints, Captains must enable VOD to capture gameplay.
- Players will be streaming their viewpoints, all with 1 minute (60 seconds) delay.
- 16 teams will compete in a single elimination tournament, advancing until a single team remains and is declared the winner.
- Each team will consist of 3 players, which will be pre-determined by Administration.
- Teams will be drawn into the tournament bracket by Administration.
- Placement will be determined first by the furthest round the team advanced to, and ties will be broken consistent with the matchup tiebreaker rules.
- For each round, teams will compete in head-to-head matchups that determine which team advances to the next round, and which team is eliminated from the tournament.
- Each match consists of:
- For rounds 1 – 3, two Battle Royale gametypes played by each team;
- For the Grand Finals (round 4), three Battle Royale gametypes played by each team.
- For each match, a team’s score will be determined by the total number of kills + Win Bonus earned by each team member for all Battle Royale games played.
- Each kill = 1 point;
- Win Bonus = 5 points;
- Win Bonus is awarded if the team is the last team standing at the conclusion of the Battle Royale.
- Teams with the highest score advance to the following round, while the team with the lowest score are eliminated from the tournament.
- Teams will only compete against the team they are matched up with in the bracket.
- In the event both teams in a head-to-head matchup have earned the same score at the completion of the match, the following conditions will be used in waterfall format to break the tie:
- Team with the player who had the highest individual eliminations.
- If still tied, move on to the second highest individual eliminations on the team.
- Compare third highest individual eliminations from both teams.
- Team with the most total damage for the overall games played in the match.
- In the event the above waterfall is unable to differentiate teams, Administration reserves the right to determine another criteria to be used to advance a team.
The $100,000 prize pool of this tournament will be split in several ways. $50,000 will be divided amongst the top placing teams, based on the breakdown below, while the other $50,000 will be given away to viewers who are active in the chat.
- 1st - $25,000
- 2nd - $15,000
- 3rd/4th - $5,000
- 3rd/4th - $5,000
How to participate in the $50,000 giveaway
As part of the promotion of this event, CashApp will be giving away a total $50,000 in prizes to viewers throughout the day. In order to enter for a chance to win some cash, all you have to do is watch the main stream and type your $CashTag in the chat when prompted.
It's not clear when the winners will be announced, but it's more than likely going to happen directly after the tournament unless CashApp decide to do it live as they're chosen.