Treyarch have released a new hotfix update on September 14 for beta of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's Blackout battle royale mode.
Treyarch have noted that this patch is of the "Game Settings Have Changed" variety, which are generally smaller and not as fundamental as the Game Updates, such as the one released on September 13.
However, this hotfix patch has still introduced some game tuning changes, as well as addressed several of the bugs that had been plaguing the Blackout beta in the early goings.
There are several aspects of note in this update's patch notes, most important of which is the fact that the beta on the Xbox One and PC, which went live early on September 14, is being capped at 80 maximum players.
That was the max player count for the Playstation 4 beta as well, before Treyarch raised it to 88, which suggests that the same could be in store for the Xbox One and PC versions of the beta in the coming days.
In addition, there are also several in-game changes introduced via this patch, specifically to do with the Collapse (gas/storm) and Wingsuits.
Players that are in the Collapse will now be inflicted with more damage, and Wingsuits have slightly been nerfed in their ability to gain altitude at high speeds and pulling up from steep dives.
The full official patch notes for this latest hotfix update can be read below, as provided by Treyarch.
We thought this might be a good time to tell you about differences between Game Updates and Game Settings Have Changed.
Game Updates are a big deal. They take a lot of time to get ready because they are based on changing, adding, or replacing executable code. Whenever we do that, we need to conduct extensive testing and we must send those changes to platform holders for review. Major features usually require a Game Update (also known as a patch).
Game Settings Have Changed is the smaller download you see happen when you start up the game and we’ve made changes you don’t yet have. Game Settings do not contain executable code, but include almost everything else. We can update, modify, and fix a lot of things with updated game settings. Game Settings are typically updated around or about 10:00 AM PST.
Speaking of changes, we’ve made the following updates to the Beta today:
- Beta now live on Xbox One and PC, currently with up to 80 maximum players per match
- Multiple fixes for “Game Session Has Ended” errors. We continue to find and fix these issues on a case-by-case basis.
- Multiple fixes for collision and players getting stuck on the map
- Additional improvements to stats both behind the scenes and for Merits Per Action
- Various Killcam bug fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple players to spawn in the Staging Area in the same spot
- Fixes for players not properly entering the downed state when involved in mid-air helicopter crashes
- Game Tuning:
- Increased the damage players take inside the collapsed area of the map
- Players can no longer gain altitude at high speed
- Pulling up from a steep dive now takes slightly longer
- Supply Drops:
- Cargo plane now has increased health and cannot be damaged by bullets
Source - Reddit