All eight Specialists in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer have been unveiled following the 'Community Reveal Event' with a first look at their names, abilities, and more.
After first being introduced by Treyarch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in 2015, 'Specialists' will be returning in Black Ops 4 with a mix of new and old characters to choose from.
However, this time around, Black Ops 4 will feature 'Boots on the Ground' combat as opposed to 'Advanced Movement' mechanics, which may change the way Specialists can be utilized.
- More: Everything You Need to Know About Zombies in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 With Three Separate Maps
Following the Community Reveal Event on May 17th, various personalities had a chance to play the game's multiplayer for the first time, allowing them to learn more about the upcoming release.
Popular YouTuber NoahJ456 posted a picture on Twitter which featured all eight Specialists, including all of their equipment and abilities which can be viewed below.
Battery - 'Demo Expert'
- Equipment: Cluster Grenade - A grenade that sticks to surfaces and releases several smaller grenades.
- Ability: War Machine - Grenade launcher that fires bouncing grenades which detonate after a short time or by hitting an enemy directly.
Crash - 'Healer'
- Equipment: Assault Pack - Deploys ammo magazines that provide bonus score for taking down enemies. Available to everyone on the team.
- Ability: Tak-5 - Heals, boosts max health, and removes wounds for the user and up to four targeted allies. Works through walls.
Ajax - 'Breacher'
- Equipment: 9-bang - Tactical grenade that flashes and stuns. Can be cooked to detonate multiple times.
- Ability: Ballistic Shield - Durable transforming defensive shield with a built-in machine pistol.
Recon - 'Intel Operator'
- Equipment: Sensor Dart - Sensor equipment that reveals enemies within its proximity on the minimap. Visible to everyone on the team.
- Ability: Vision Pulse - Pulse the surrounding area to reveal enemies for a period of time. Visible to everyone on the team.
Torque - 'Defender'
- Equipment: Razor Wire - Place razor wire to damage and slow enemies that attempt to cross it.
- Ability: Barricade - Deploy reinforced cover protection while securing objectives. Built in microwave field slows and damages enemies. Owner can deactivate cover at will.
Ruin - 'Rusher'
- Equipment: Grapple Gun - Quickly move to elevations and other locations.
- Ability: Grav Slam - A short, aggressive leap that delivers a lethal blast in radius around the point of impact.
Firebreak - 'Area Denial'
- Equipment: Reactor Core - Emits a damaging radiation field that wounds enemies, reducing their maximum health for a period of time.
- Ability: Purifier - Flamethrower that shoots a steady gout of flame, scorching enemies in close range.
Seraph - 'Tactician'
- Equipment: Tac-Deploy - Deployable beacon that allows your teammates to re-deploy to the surrounding area.
- Ability: Annihilator - Massive high caliber revolver that fires devastating rounds with increased bullet penetration.
A short cinematic titled 'Power in Numbers' was also released by Call of Duty, which appears to include a mix of the Specialists throughout Black Ops 4.
As of writing, it is unknown if more Specialist characters will be included at launch, or added as DLC following the launch of BO4.