CoD Mobile Season 9: Zombies Are Back is now in focus and as the name confirmed, the classic Zombies experience is back in effect on handheld devices. On top of that, new weapons and cosmetics round out a jam-packed update and we’ve got the full patch notes to get you up to speed.
With Season 8: Train to Nowhere now in the rearview mirror, CoD Mobile fans are diving into the latest content drop in Season 9. Following on from early leaks and teasers, the latest content drop, referred to as the ‘Zombies Are Back’ update, comes boasting a wide range of content yet again.
From another Black Ops Cold War weapon to the return of round-based Zombies, there’s plenty for fans to check out.
So before you drop in to the latest patch, be sure to brush up on everything there is to know about the CoD Mobile Season 9 update.
CoD Mobile Season 9 update release date
As the Season 8 Battle Pass alluded, CoD Mobile Season 9 was locked in for Wednesday, October 12 at 5PM PT. No different from usual, new content was available around the globe right away, with players immediately gaining access to the new season.
This marked a full five weeks since the previous season took over, falling in line with the usual cadence of new seasons in CoD Mobile.
Cold War Krig-6 Assault Rifle lands in CoD Mobile Season 9
Days after the Chinese build of CoD Mobile let slip crucial details, we learned for certain the Krig-6 Assault Rifle from Black Ops Cold War was making its debut in Season 9.
Having only appeared in Cold War previously, this marks the AR’s second round in a CoD title. As a powerful and accurate weapon, the Krig was a popular competitive gun due to its fast TTK and long-range potential.
While the default gun itself landed in Season 9, the Krig was also accompanied by a new Mythic-tier skin. Back in Season 2 of Warzone and Cold War, the Krig received an Ice Drake Blueprint that completely transformed the gun into a chilling dragon. Now, CoD Mobile fans have access to the very same design.
Classic Zombies return in CoD Mobile Season 9
“Horde Incoming,” a September 18 YouTube upload warned CoD Mobile players. Soon after, we learned for certain Zombies were returning in two ways with the Season 9 update. For starters the classic round-based experience is back in full force as players venture through Shi No Numa once again.
Meanwhile, Super Attack of the Undead is also making an appearance in the update, as players fight not only the AI Zombies, but infected humans as well. Unfortunately for those who have been patiently awaiting the return of Zombies in CoD Mobile, it appears it’s once again listed as a limited-time mode, meaning it will soon disappear once again, rather than feature permanently.
Zombies Classic first appeared in the handheld title in 2019 and has been featured sporadically ever since.
Hacienda gets a haunted makeover
With Halloween season upon us, one of CoD Mobile’s multiplayer maps received the spooky treatment this year. While others have received a similar rework in the past, it’s Hacienda’s turn this time around.
With cobwebs throughout, creepy pumpkin heads around every turn, and a nighttime chill covering the map, expect a completely different atmosphere when you load back into this familiar locale.
CoD Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
As always, a new season in CoD Mobile means an all-new Battle Pass. This time around, players can get their hands on two powerful pieces of equipment without having to pay a dime. Both the C4 explosive and the aforementioned Krig-6 AR are available for free in the Season 9 Battle Pass at Tier 14 and Tier 21 respectively.
On the premium side, a range of new Operator Skins are available, with some fitting the new undead pirate theme. Moreover, a number of Weapon Blueprints, including one for the Krig-6, can also be unlocked through Premium Tiers in the Season 9 Battle Pass.
CoD Mobile Season 9 patch notes
- Damage Increased by 55-60 -> 80-75.
- Range adjusted by 560m to 35m.
- Removed recoil penalty.
- Added upper and lower arm MP upto 1x -> 1.2x.
- Damage bonuses to 85-77.
- New engagement added: 30m-> 8m-30m.
- Damage profile adjusted: 90-75 -> 91-90-75.
- STF Delay reduced: 0.24s -> 0.23s.
- ADS time penalty reduced: 7% -> 4%.
- Fire interval penalty reduced: 15% -> 10%.
- First range damage increase: 25 -> 26.
- First range reduced: 8m to 7m.
- Lower arm multiplier increased: 1x -> 1.1x.
- ADS movement speed increased by 10%.
- Horizontal recoil reduces by 40%.
- ADS movement speed increased by 3%.
- Vertical recoil penalty reduced: 20% -> 10%.
- Horizontal Recoil penalty reduced: 15% -> 10%.
- ADS time penalty removed.
- Stomach Multiplier increased: 1x -> 1.1x.
- Headshot Multiplier increased: 1.2x -> 1.3x.
- First range damage increased : 15m -> 20m.
- Chest multiplier increased: 1x -> 1.2x.
- Headshot multiplier increased: 1.3x -> 1.4x.
- Damage increased: 30-27-22 to 30-28-24.
- Upper arm multiplier reduced: 1.2x to 1.15x.
- Reduced Burst Delay: 240mx -> 220ms.
- Increased Damage: 31-25-19 to 31-28-23-19.
- Range increased: 16-20-50m to 18-24-50m.
- BSA improved by 17%.
- Reduced ADS movement speed boost from agile stock.
- Range reduced: 14-25-40m to 13-21-40m.
- Reduced hit flinch boost from firm tape.
- No. of IR projectiles increased: 3-> 4.
- Increased Damage: 30-23-28 to 36-23-18.
- Range increased: 15-37m to 20-37m.
- Increased damage: 40-30-22 to 40-36-22.
- Increased movement speed.
Reduced Score cost: 1190-> 1090.
- Reduced Drone Count: 6-> 5.