If you’re picking Modern Warfare 2 up on either PS4 or PS5, you’re entitled to a number of exclusive rewards not available on any other platform. Here’s a full breakdown on what to expect.
Despite Activision currently awaiting its full acquisition by Microsoft, the CoD publisher is still honoring a pre-existing deal with Sony. When it comes to the massively popular FPS franchise, gamers on PlayStation hardware are granted a handful of exclusive goodies each and every year.
As Modern Warfare 2 comes into focus in 2022, that trend is once again being upheld. Unique skins, weapons, and additional rewards are all on offer for no extra cost just for those enjoying the game on PlayStation.
From a look at every reward to the key dates you need to know, here’s a full rundown on PlayStation’s exclusives in Modern Warfare 2.
All Modern Warfare 2 PlayStation exclusive content
We have now received confirmation from Activision and Sony as to what PlayStation players can expect.
- Battle Pass Bundle Bonus: Unlocked new gear and goodies even faster. PlayStation players that purchase a new Battle Pass Bundle will get an additional 5 tier skips. That’s a total of 25 tier skips.
- Double XP Points: PlayStation players can look forward to exclusive Monthly Double XP events (24 hr duration), so prepare to boost your rank.
- Combat Packs: Get a free in-game bundle each Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II season. Includes such items as an Operator Skin, Weapon Blueprint, Emblems and much more. Limited time only for PlayStation Plus members.
- PlayStation Party Bonus: Teamwork makes the dream work. PlayStation players that play together in parties +25% bonus weapon XP. The bonus still counts when playing with cross-platform teammates.
- Extra Loadouts: Be prepared for any scenario. PlayStation players get an additional 2 loadout slots, ready for customization. Available when Create-A-Class unlocks upon reaching Level 4.
Oni Operator & exclusive Weapon Blueprint
Lastly, PS players who pre-ordered will get the Oni Operator bundle in Modern Warfare 2.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates on Esports, Gaming and more.
Not only does this exclusive pack give fans the Hiro ‘Oni’ Watanabe skin, but it also provides access to a weapon Blueprint that won’t be available on other platforms for quite some time.
When does PlayStation exclusivity run out?
No different from usual, content launching on PlayStation first will remain exclusive for one full year. This means the exclusivity window is set to expire at 23:59 PT on October 27, 2023.
As for exactly what will happen on this date, no one is entirely sure. It looks increasingly likely that this exclusivity will change in the future, with Microsoft (the company behind Xbox) set to acquire Activision Blizzard in an enormous and potentially controversial takeover.
We’ll be sure to keep you posted here throughout the Modern Warfare 2 cycle with all the latest PlayStation-exclusive rewards.