The Modern Warfare beta is in full-swing, with players all around the world testing out the latest iteration to the franchise.
Following its release to Xbox and PC platforms on September 19, players have now been coalesced for the first time in Call of Duty history, through the brand new ‘cross-play’ feature — and with a mosh pit of competition from all platforms, players are looking to get one over their enemies by any means.
One way which players can give themselves an edge is through optimizing their class setup, in a bid to refine the resources at hand to suit their style of play — which is exactly what Crimsix has done by sharing his savvy grasp of class manipulation to the masses on his YouTube channel.
Given that Crimsix is the winningest Call of Duty player of all time, it’s safe to assume that he is a dab hand at the first-person shooter, but more than aim and map awareness, knowing how to put together the perfect class is another skill required to be a pro.
In his September 20 YouTube video, Porter flaunted his talents alongside showing his optimized Assault Rifle (AR) class.[ad name=”article3″]
Playing Headquarters on Hackney Yard, the CoD veteran chalked up an impressive 3.94 K/D ratio with a score of 7165, as he utilized his most favored AR class — which makes full use of Modern Warfare’s micro-level class creation system.
If you’re wondering the setup needed for this, we have filled in the blanks and given you Crimsix’s “best AR class” below.[ad name=”article4″]
Full breakdown of Crimsix’s “best AR class”:
- Primary: M4A1 w/ Reflex, Muzzle Brake, Lightweight Stock, Vertical Foregrip and Pistol Grip
- Secondary: .50 GS w/ Holo and Muzzle Brake
- Perk 1: E.O.D — “Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines and C4.”
- Perk 2: Ghost — “Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors and High Alert. Hide the death markers of enemies you kill.”
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened — “Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun and EMP effects.”
- Lethal: Frag Grenade — “Cookable fragmentation grenade.”
- Tactical: Stim — “Military stimulant that cauterizes combat wounds.”
- Munitions box — “Deploy a box of ammo, grenades, and weapons for you and your teammates. Shoot at your own risk.”
- UAV (achievable at 4 kills) — “UAV recon ship that enables the mini map for all allies and reveals enemy locations.”
- VTOL Jet (achievable at 8 kills) — “Releases an initial missile barrage before guarding a location of the player’s choice.”
- Support HELO (achievable at 11 kills) — “Call in a heavy assault help with twin turrets to patrol the map.”
Although this class is effective for the likes of Crimsix, it must be noted that using a carbon copy of the class will not immediately make you one of the most successful Call of Duty players in history.
Use this class as a guide and change variables accordingly to suit your style of play, and you will hopefully be tearing up the lobbies in no time.