North American esports organization compLexity Gaming have announced major news in regards to their Call of Duty roster for the upcoming Black Ops 4 season.
The team revealed on October 2 that the three remaining players on the roster – Richard ‘Ricky’ Stacy, Doug ‘Censor’ Martin, and Rasim ‘Blazt’ Ogresevic – have been released and are all free agents effective immediately.
“We had looked at building a roster with these three, keeping our pool play spot,” said Scott, manager of coL’s Call of Duty team. “But we just couldn’t figure out something that made sense. These guys have worked extremely hard and been extremely dedicated; I wish them nothing but the best.”
With these three players now gone, and last season’s standout player Brandon ‘Dashy’ Otell having moved to OpTic Gaming last week, compLexity have no active players left on their roster for the upcoming season.
However, Scott made it clear that coL will not be giving up on Black Ops 4, and will continue looking to build a competitive five-man squad.
“This doesn’t mean it’s the end for us. We’re keeping our eyes open for new opportunities, a new roster,” he said. “We are very, very excited for Black Ops 4.”
Despite acquiring the players needed to qualify for last season’s Pro League Stage 2, compLexity were largely unable to make much noise at any of the major events, failing to place higher than 11-12.
The future remains unclear for Ricky, Censor, and Blazt, who now find themselves in search of a new organization to compete for in Black Ops 4.
All three players have already tweeted out that they are free agents, and it’s not yet clear whether they are interesting in teaming again for the upcoming season.
Keep updated on roster moves and team changes by visiting our dedicated Rostermania hub here.