The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Reloaded patch notes are here bringing tons of new content. From Demolition returning, a new map, to more Zombies content, here is everything that you need to know for this mid-season update.
For the first time since Modern Warfare Season 3, fan-favorite game mode, Demolition,has returned to the CoD franchise. Alongside Demolition, the map Zoo, which was revealed with Season 5, is finally coming to Cold War.
On top of all of this Multiplayer content, Zombies also got a huge update. This introduced a new Outbreak Region, event, and LTM that were all set live as the patch released on September 9, 2021.
The Numbers Event is also coming to Cold War, this will allow players to complete challenges across multiplayer to unlock cosmetic rewards and a new melee weapon, the Sai.
Here are the full patch notes for Season 5 Reloaded.
Cold War Season 5 Reloaded: Demolition and Zoo return
The time has come for those that have been patiently waiting for two features coming to Cold War. Revealed at the start of Season 5, classic CoD game mode Demolition and Black Ops map Zoo are finally back in the game.
Demolition remains the same as it has in previous CoD titles. Attackers must try to destroy both bomb sites before the end of the round, while defenders must protect at least one site until the round is over.
Zoo is also back, but with some new features. Activision said to “ride” on the monorail so this suggests that the system is useable and will have a moving train that players can get on. You’ll need to jump in yourself and check out the reimagined map.
Cold War Season 5 Reloaded: Zombies Outbreak Region, Event, Rampage Inducer
Zombies was another focal point of the Season 5 Reloaded update. This update introduced Armada, a new region to Outbreak. Set in the North Atlantic Ocean, this map takes place near or on the water.
On top of a new region, a New World Event is coming as these “Black Chests.” Details about this are for “Requiem agents to discover,” so players will need to grind out and unlock the secrets of these new chests.
In round-based maps, the Rampage Inducer will appear in the starting areas. This orange essence canister will crank up the difficulty of Zombies to all-new levels. If all players accept the challenge, zombies will spawn at faster rates and will sprint until Round 20. The chaos keeps going until the second milestone is reached or death.
Cold War Season 5 Reloaded: Outbreak Survival LTM
The new limited-time mode, Outbreak Survival, creates a grueling but rewarding challenge for hardcore players. In this mode, players start with their Field Upgrade from their loadout and a 1911 handgun.
There is no auto-regeneration, so players must find food items to heal themselves. There is Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary which will restore different amounts of health based on rarity.
Players are still working toward the same goal as any other Outbreak game, complete the objective and reach the exfil site before dying.
Cold War Season 5 Reloaded: The Numbers Seasonal event and Melee Weapon
The highly anticipated Number Event is almost here. The seasonal event will begin on on September 21 at 10 AM PT and will feature different challenges that can be completed on Season 5 maps and modes.
By completing these in-game tasks players can unlock tons of cosmetics along with another arcade cabinet game. Additionally, those who complete all nine of the challenges (in Warzone or Black Ops Cold War) will unlock the new Sai melee weapon.
Cold War Season 5 Reloaded: Judge Dredd & Hudson Operators
Players have been waiting for an official announcement following the tease of a new operator coming to Cold War. Judge Dredd is confirmed to be available in Cold War with Season 5 Reloaded. Dredd, the crime fighter, will be coming to Cold War with a “Comic Strip” variant as well. This will feature a black and white cel-shaded skin.
Alongside Dredd, Hudson who is tied with Adler and the CIA, will be making his appearance as an operator later on this season.
Cold War Season 5 Reloaded patch notes
- New Weapon Blueprint
- “Hidden Terror” Sniper Weapon Blueprint added to the Prestige Shop.
- Legacy Calling Cards
- New Legacy Calling Cards and Animated Calling Cards added to the Prestige Shop.
- Zoo (6v6)
- Zoo map added to Multiplayer rotation in 6v6 modes.
- Zoo 24/7 added to Featured Playlists.
- Demolition [NEW]
- Demolition added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists.
- Attacking team attempts to destroy two enemy bomb sites. Defenders must prevent the attackers from detonating both bombs before the time limit.
- Time is extended after the first bomb site is destroyed.
- In the event of a tie, a single neutral bomb site becomes active in Overtime, where the first team to successfully detonate the bomb wins the match.
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Added Zoo and Drive-In to the map rotation.
- Zoo 24/7 [NEW]
- Demolition [NEW]
- Nuketown 24/7
- Cranked Moshpit
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit (now featuring Zoo and Drive-In)
- Party Games
- Rampage Inducer
- New feature added to all round-based Zombies maps.
- Players can now interact with an orange Essence canister at the start of each map to vote to induce Rampage. All players must vote to enable the feature.
- When enabled, spawn rates and movement speed of enemy zombies will be increased through Round 20 for a more intense experience for advanced players.
- Players can vote to turn the Rampage Inducer off and on at will, as often as once per round. All players must vote to disable the feature.
- If left unused, the Essence canister will explode after Round 20.
- Rampage Inducer
- Addressed an issue where scrolling through the scoreboard with a controller could toggle the flashlight.
- Closed an exploit where players were able to gain access to locked portions of the map.
- Addressed an issue where players could receive placeholder medals from CRBR-S multi-kills on “Mauer der Toten.”
- New Region in the North Atlantic Ocean added to Outbreak.
- World Events
- Black Chest
- New World Event added to Regions in Outbreak.
- Interact with the Black Chest and destroy what lies within to form a pact with the spirit inside for the current Region.
- Once the pact is formed, the spirit will be summoned against nearby zombies when the player is low on health.
- This ability is on a cooldown and its effect is shared with teammates.
- Black Chest
- Added new Season Five Reloaded narrative Intel to discover.
- Addressed an issue where Solo players could lose the ability to select loadouts after warping to another Region in a prior Outbreak session.
- Addressed an issue where the Omega Helicopter would sometimes appear inconsistently on the mini-map.
- Closed an exploit that allowed players to escape the Holdout Objective in Alpine by using the Grapple Gun.
- Addressed an issue where selecting Zoo as a map in Local play was not correctly switching the mode to Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue where the legend was not appearing on the overhead map.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Added various stability/exploit fixes.
- Added various fixes to further alleviate “Charlie 285 Military Gorilla” errors.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a player disconnected while in the Ikari EggXit bonus area.
- Players who have disconnected and rejoined a match in progress will now have their score and gem multipliers restored to their most recent level at the end of their most recent round.
- Adjusted Room of Judgment wave times to grant additional time for Trio and Quad games.
- A flashlight will now spawn on the Island for Solo Advanced Start modes.
- First-Person power-up spawns should no longer clump together in order to prevent one player from accidentally consuming them all.
- Reduced late money spawns after the round is over, so players no longer feel the need to wait around for pickups.
- Added a small collision ramp to one of the moving platforms by the volcano to make hitting the ramp via boosting easier.
- Touching or standing in lava will now cause rapid death in First-Person.
- Bonus Areas
- Added 5% chance of golden egg spawns to the Chicken Coop bonus area.
- Ikari EggXit bonus area now properly awards XP.
- Locked the number of Ikari EggXit bonus area instances to 3 per game.
- Ikari EggXit bonus area will now be removed from the available pool after Round 130.
- Nova Crawler
- Nova Crawlers no longer have an initial movement speed variance set when they spawn in to prevent inconsistent increases/decreases in speed.
- Nova Crawlers now spawn in at a consistent movement speed but can have their speed boosted by Nova Gas.
- Adjusted Werewolf health and heal logic to alleviate situations where players cannot deal more damage than health being restored.
- Each time the Werewolf restores health, it will now reduce the amount it can heal subsequently.
- Pole Zombie
- Pole Zombie health no longer scales with round number.
- Increased the time a Pole Zombie is on the map before it considers planting a pole from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Pole Zombies are now slightly more likely to start a pole plant once it starts considering a plant.
- Elephant in The Wild will now be damaged by player chickens.
- Wolf and Ghost Wolf will no longer kill the player in one bite.
- Gladiators will no longer have a rare chance to survive a Nuke drop.
- Nova Crawler
- Replaced level 2 and level 3 firing sounds for LMG/Rocket Launcher/Death Machine weapons with the level 1 fire sound to reduce the loudness of these weapons in First-Person.
- Bug Fixes
- Addressed collision issues in the Graveyard, Temple, and Water Temple arenas.
- Addressed spawn issues in the Graveyard and Temple arenas.
- Addressed an issue where cannon fire was not entering the play space on the Round 65 Island arena.
- Added missing collision in the Island arena to prevent the player from going out of bounds.
- Addressed an issue where fireballs could blow up mid-air in the Round 57-60 Great Room arena.
- Addressed an issue where flipping L1/R1 with L2/R2 in the Controller Settings menu mapped the fire action to R1.
- Addressed an issue where First-Person power-ups collected at the same time by the player could lock up the player’s controls.
- Match Resuming
- Addressed a host migration issue in public matches where, upon resuming a game, remaining players could be permanently slowed for the rest of the match.
- Addressed an issue where, after joining a game in progress, the player could occasionally not aim down sights or fire their weapon until they were downed and revived.
- Addressed an issue where a player rejoining a match in progress might not have their stats and leaderboard data recorded correctly.
- Addressed an issue where donating a life could drop an award onto the player that might not be usable (for example, a Nuke could drop on a player who already had max Nukes). When this happened, the pickup could obscure the player’s first-person view.
- Addressed an issue with missing blood splatter effects in first-person.
- Addressed an issue where the player could stay in The Wild with a misaligned camera after running through a First-Person power-up before transitioning into a bonus area.
- Addressed a rare splitscreen issue where a blank dialog box could appear when the player picked up a First-Person power-up.
- Bonus Areas
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa door at the exit was not being reset to its original closed position on subsequent playthroughs of Ikari EggXit.
- Addressed an issue that could occur when multiple players entered a Deadly Dungeon and a Silverback Slideways bonus area at the same time, resulting in unwanted game behavior.
- Addressed an issue where the player could spend a key at Mama’s Armory Basket and receive an unusable item.
- Addressed an issue where the Boxing Glove wasn’t correctly prioritizing the Fortune Fate bonus over the Divine Shield bonus modifiers.
- Addressed an issue where a split Megaton could end up below the terrain.
- Addressed an issue where friendly Skeleton Guardians could prevent enemies from spawning.
- Addressed an issue where enemy Gladiators were not able to enter the play space in the Room of Judgment.
- Onslaught Drive-In added to map rotation.
- Added new Dark Aether story Intel to discover in Onslaught Drive-In.
- Diminishing Light
- New limited-time mode now available.
- The circle shrinks as the horde gets stronger. If the Dark Aether Orb collapses, it will implode and destroy the players, ending the match.
- Shoot the Orb to slow down the shrink rate, or collect clock power-ups to pause the collapse. Completing Surges will revert the Orb to its original size.
- Diminishing Light
- Unlock the “Soviet Red” Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint by completing 30 Surges in Diminishing Light.
- Addressed an issue where applying custom Blueprints in quick succession could result in weapon duplication or loss of functionality.
- Added ping icons for Mule Kick and Death Perception can pickups.
- The Mule Kick machine is now present in “Mauer der Toten” when playing in Local.
- Closed an exploit where players could use Aether Shroud infinitely.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Dead Ops Arcade 3: First Person
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Drive-In (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Diminishing Light (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)