Treyarch have released the first major new patch of the New Year for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, which brings a bunch of new playlists and modes to the game’s multiplayer offerings, as well as fixes a few bugs that have been affecting the game.
If you were wondering when the first Black Ops Cold War update of the New Year would be released then wonder no more. A new patch has hit all systems and it adds a few new pieces of content for fans to sink their teeth into before the mid-season update hits the game on January 14.
This time around, fans will be able to try out three new variations of previously released game modes, while also enjoying a slew of bug and stability fixes across both modes of the game. Here are the most important parts of the update that you need to know about.
Important changes in January 7 BOCW update
Of the most important features in the new update, fans will be most intrigued by a few new playlists and game modes. The first is Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 playlist, which allows for TDM, Hardpoint, Kill Confirmed, and Domination on both of the aforementioned maps.
In addition, Fireteam Dirty Bomb Duos has also been added, which is basically a two-player, 10-team version of the large scale game mode, as well as Gunfight Blueprints, returning from Modern Warfare (2019), which basically gives players different blueprints of weapons that they spawn in with.
In our latest update:
• Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 [NEW]
• Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
• Dirty Bomb Duos [NEW]
• Daily & Season Challenge updates
• Zombies improvements
• H.A.R.P. fix for Hardcore
• Mid-Season update preview
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) January 7, 2021
A slew of bugs also got fixed in the game, including some affecting Daily Challenges. It’s not the major overhaul of challenges that some fans were hoping for, but it still fixes some major glitches with them, including one that just simply stops new ones from appearing.
There were, of course, some more nitpicky changes as well, mostly affecting Dead Ops Arcade 3, some map exploits in Zombies, the previously announced Warzone weapon buffs and some Scorestreaks in Multiplayer. All in all, it seems like a bit of a small bug, but still noteworthy, especially considering it’s one of the last before the mid-season update.
Of course, that’s not all that got changed, and you can check out Treyarch’s full patch notes below:
- Addressed an issue that could prevent new Daily Challenges from appearing.
- Addressed issues preventing the following Daily Challenges from tracking properly:
- “Team Deathmatch Challenger”
- “Hardcore Challenger”
- “Hardcore Champion”
- Addressed an issue that could prevent progress from tracking for the “Mass Casualties” Challenge when using a Cruise Missile.
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 [NEW]
- Includes TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Raid and Crossroads Strike.
- Hardcore version also available in Quick Play.
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- 2v2 Gunfight matches using new randomized Weapon Blueprint-based loadouts.
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos [NEW]
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb played with 20 players (10 teams of Duos).
- Nuketown 24/7 [UPDATED]
- Nuketown ’84 Holiday replaced with Nuketown ’84.
- Face Off
- Prop Hunt
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Added extra models and collision to prevent being able to kill enemies at their spawn in Game Show at the start of a match.
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted time in Combined Arms: Assault when a zone is captured.
- Addressed an issue in Hardcore modes where Spy Planes exiting the map could override the mini-map being active, even if a H.A.R.P. was still active.
- Care Package
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when calling in a Holiday Care Package.
- Adjusted XP values for Operator Missions.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Closed various map exploit areas.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Ammo Mod from appearing on the player’s weapon immediately after using the Pack-a-Punch.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the player could load into Dead Ops Arcade with the wrong Operator Skin.
- Addressed an issue where the player could be downed by walking underneath a spike trap.
- Addressed different effect issues occurring when transitioning from solo play.
- Addressed various particle effect issues.
- Addressed an issue where a player could lose their Bronze chalice after a private match.
And from Raven Software:
- Verdansk Quads – 152 Players
- Trios – 150 Players
- Duos – 150 Players
- Solos – 150 Players
- Plunder Quads – 100 Players
- Rebirth Island
- Resurgence Trios – 45 Players
- Mini Royale Duos – 40 Players
- DMR 14
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Type 63
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Decreased headshot damage multiplier.
- Handgun Charlie (Akimbo Only)
- Decreased damage range.
- Increased hip-fire spread.