A new, February 26 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update launches 2XP Weekend, fixes a variety of issues across the Multiplayer and Outbreak modes and makes a slight change to the iconic Ray Gun.
Just days after Black Ops Cold War: Season 2 debuted across Cold War and Warzone, Treyarch have dropped a new update gifting the community a double-XP weekend and making some fixes to their multiplayer offerings.
Centered predominantly on League Play and the new Zombies Outbreak mode, the developers also honed in on, and fixed, a few weird issues on the game’s Raid and Checkmate maps. And, speaking of weirdness, they also brought back a Prop Hunt playlist.
Overall, the update should make the experience smoother for players who are invested in League Play and Outbreak, while also bringing on some other adjustments that help users across the board.
The new patch brings a chance for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone players to level up their guns more quickly, but also an opportunity to address some bugs. On Raid, there was a notable unintended spot near the basketball court where someone could shoot enemies, but not get shot back. That has been addressed.
Overall, though, most of the update’s changes address quality-of-life issues with Outbreak and League Play, while also offering one universal performance fix for framerate issues. The full patch notes can be seen below.
Feb 26 Patch Notes
- 2XP + 2WXP Weekend
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP now live in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone through 10AM PT Monday, March 1st.
- Addressed framerate performance issues on all platforms since Season Two launch.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to stand outside of the intended play space outside of the basketball court.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture the P3 Hardpoint zone outside of the boundary.
- Prop Hunt
- Added Prop Hunt to Featured Playlists (Feb. 25).
- Added Apocalypse to Prop Hunt map pool.
After Action Report
- Addressed an issue where both teams would display the same score in the After Action Report.
- Added the Outbreak Event tab to League Play.
- Added the Challenges tab to League Play.
- Re-enabled the Calling Cards tab in the Player Identity list in League Play.
- Addressed an issue where Tokens could not be redeemed from the League Play lobby.
- Addressed an issue with the Rank 1 emblem being present in multiple locations before a player had completed Placement Matches.
- Addressed stability issues related to Objectives, Hellhounds, Plaguehounds, Trials Machine, and Dragon Relic.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Addressed an issue that was resulting in lower-than-intended Outbreak Match bonus XP totals.
- Addressed various enemy pathing issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused a loss of functionality for the parachute after going down from a fall.
- Field Upgrades
- Addressed an issue where the Aether Shroud Field Upgrade could lose its initial full charge during the Retrieve Objective.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the Death Machine to be used indefinitely.
- Addressed a UI error that would appear when pinging the Trials Computer.
- Ray Gun
- Added a cap to the amount of splash damage the Ray Gun and other weapons can inflict on the player.