Dec. 18 Update: 1.10 Title Update – Operation Absolute Zero on Xbox One/PC, Balance Tuning for Zero, Blackout Custom Games and Audio Updates, Zombies Fixes, Global Auto Sprint + More
Operation Absolute Zero has arrived on Xbox One and PC, granting all players free access to a huge new season of content:
- Multiplayer: Zero, Black Ops 4’s new Specialist armed with the EMP Disruptor grenade and Ice Pick hacking tool.
- Blackout: The debut of Hijacked, the new ARAV armored vehicle, and new IX Zombies Character Missions.
- Black Market: 100 new Tiers of earnable loot, including new MP weapons, Blackout characters, Mastercrafts, Epic Outfits, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, and more.
And for Black Ops Pass holders on Xbox One and PC, we’ve got exciting new game content in all three modes:
- Two new Multiplayer maps: Elevation and Madagascar.
- Dead of the Night, an all-new Zombies experience starring Kiefer Sutherland, Helena Bonham Carter, Brian Blessed, and Charles Dance.
- Black Ops 3 fan-favorite Reaper joins the cast of Blackout.
In today’s update to Multiplayer, we’ve implemented our first balancing pass on Zero, our new Specialist. As with all new features in Black Ops 4, we’ve been paying close attention to how Zero plays into the overall Multiplayer experience and have tuned some of her abilities accordingly. This includes an increase in the time it takes to earn her Ice Pick, varying increases to the time it takes her to hack Scorestreaks and Torque’s Barricade, preventing her hacks from freezing enemy healing cooldowns, and more. Take a look at the full patch notes below for the full list and let us know what you think.
We’ve also updated our MP Featured playlists, including the new Half-Off Heist on all platforms, Map Pack Moshpit for Black Ops Pass holders, and Mercenary Objective Moshpit for our lone wolves.
This week also brings new updates to Blackout, including...
Blackout Custom Games
In Blackout Custom Games, players can start a private match to explore the map at their own pace and practice Blackout with teams of friends. As we mentioned in last Friday’s update, Custom Games in Blackout will initially support a max player count of 12 – this is planned to grow over time as we evaluate player engagement, and we’re already planning expanded feature support over time.
Blackout Custom Games will support private matches in Solos, Duos, and Quads, as well as full character customization and Weapon Camo support (coming tomorrow!). Blackout Custom Games will be online-only to ensure all matches are always up-to-date.
Today’s new audio improvements in Blackout are focused on vehicles. We’ve lowered the volume of the Supply Drop plane to ensure players can hear more of the in-game action while the plane is overhead, and vehicle engines can now be heard more reliably when several other sounds are playing. The ARAV can also now be heard from farther away to help prevent surprise ambushes. Yes, we’ve seen the footage.
Specialist Unlocks and Outfit Rewards
Starting today on PS4, we’ve unlocked all Specialist characters in Blackout without requiring players to track down and complete their Character Missions, to ensure all players can play as the Specialist of their choice. For those players who’ve already put in the time to unlock their Specialists the old-fashioned way, we’ve got a special new Blackout-exclusive outfit reward for you called “The Numbers”, which we think you’re going to love. Players can also earn this outfit for each character by finding and completing these missions, which are now called Outfit Unlocks, after today’s update. And of course, more new characters are on their way to Blackout in the near future.
Contraband Stashes are also new today in Blackout on PS4. These are new types of Supply Stashes that you’ll find throughout the world, which can contain the new Secret Santa and Slay Bell melee weapons from the Black Market. Ho ho hooooly sh*t, they’re deadly!
Weapon Camos and Armor Tuning This Week
We’ve got more Blackout updates planned for this week, including Weapon Camo support and tuning to Armor durability and Armor Plates (currently in playtesting). Keep an eye on the subreddit for more details soon.
In Zombies, we’ve implemented a new round of gameplay improvements across all maps and a handful of stability fixes to help smooth out some of the remaining bumpiness players might have experienced. While we believe the vast majority of lingering Zombies stability issues have been eliminated with this update, we’re always investigating further ways to deliver an even smoother experience in future patches. If you’re still experiencing a crash in Zombies after this update, please let us know in the comments below with details on what was happening in-game at the time of the crash.
Finally, we’re happy to introduce an accessibility feature that we’ve been planning for a while: the new Auto Sprint option will allow players to double-click their controller’s left stick to automatically sprint in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies. Players can enable this setting under Controls in the Options menu.
Here’s what’s new with today’s update:
- Now available on all platforms with Operation Absolute Zero:
- Zero unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market for use in MP and Blackout
- Hijacked, ARAV, new weapons, and IX Zombies Character Missions in Blackout
- Revamped Black Market with 100 Tiers
- Balance tuning for Zero in MP.
- Half-Off Heist Featured Playlist in MP.
- Reactive Camo requirement tuning in MP.
- Stability fixes related to Zero in MP.
- Vehicle audio improvements in Blackout.
- Map improvements in Blackout.
- Gameplay and stability improvements in Zombies.
- Global Auto Sprint option added (all modes).
- All Specialists unlocked and “The Numbers” outfit reward added in Blackout (PS4).
- Limited-time Contraband Stashes added to Blackout (PS4).
- Daemon 3XB weapon balancing (PC).
- Custom Emblem fix (PC).
- Improved Auto Mantle (PC).
- Black Ops Pass content this week (Xbox One and PC):
- 2 new MP Maps: Elevation and Madagascar
- New Zombies experience: Dead of the Night
- New Blackout character: Reaper
The following updates are now available on PS4, with other platforms to follow:
- Character Unlocks
- All Specialist characters unlocked in Blackout.
- Character Missions are now Outfit Unlocks, which reward “The Numbers” outfits for each Specialist when completed (and automatically reward the outfit for Character Missions that were already completed).
- Contraband Stash
- Added limited-time Contraband Stashes, which give access to the Slay Bell and Secret Santa melee weapons.
The following updates are included in the 1.10 title update on all platforms:
- Featured Playlists
- Half-Off Heist added to Featured category.
- Half-priced items in the Buy menu (Scorestreaks excluded).
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added to Featured category.
- Gun Game with 3 new Operation Absolute Zero weapons added to rotation.
- Map Pack Moshpit added to Featured category for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Elevation and Madagascar maps only.
- Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured category.
- 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed, no parties allowed.
- Mercenary Objective Moshpit added to Featured category.
- Control, Search and Destroy, Heist, and Domination, no parties allowed.
- Increased amount of time it takes to earn the Ice Pick.
- Increased time required to hack UAV, Care Package, and Counter UAV.
- Greatly increased time required to hack Sentry, Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, Mantis, Thresher, Attack Chopper, and Gunship.
- Increased time required to hack Torque’s Barricade.
- Hacking an enemy no longer prevents their healing cooldown.
- Hacking an enemy Assault Pack now causes it to expire.
- Closed an exploit that would allow the TAK-5 to boost players to higher health levels than intended.
- Addressed an issue that would allow cash to be deposited after the round ended.
- Cash deposit can now continue while the player controls a Scorestreak.
- Cooking a Frag Grenade until it detonates and kills the player now correctly removes the Frag Grenade from the player’s inventory.
- Addressed an issue with Best Play including kills from other players not featured.
- Score is now rewarded for manually destroying a Trophy System.
- Reactive Camos
- Unwrapped Reactive Camos can now be equipped on any weapon that has the Gold Camo unlocked.
- Killathon Reactive Camo now progresses with kills instead of kills without dying.
- Rampage Reactive Camo now progresses by achieving rapid kills or better instead of escalating killstreaks.
- Vanguard Reactive Camo now progresses by achieving rapid objective kills instead of objective kills within 5 seconds.
- Living On Edge
- Addressed an issue where this Challenge was progressing on every kill in Hardcore.
- Custom Games
- Addressed an issue where Bots would not capture zones in Madagascar or Elevation.
- Stability – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a Zero player attempted to hack multiple enemy items.
- When a Zero player hacked a Barricade that was about to expire.
- When viewing a Hellstorm strike through CODCaster.
- Addressed an issue with Kill Counters on picked-up weapons advancing when the original owner gained kills.
- Addressed an issue where hacking a Care Package and then booby-trapping it would not leave a booby-trapped Care Package.
- Addressed an issue where hacking Mesh Mines multiple times could result in their team colors not changing.
- Custom Games
- Custom Game support added to Blackout.
- Maximum of 12 players per match.
- Play in Solos, Duos, or Quads.
- Includes full character customization support.
- Online only to ensure each Custom Game is up-to-date.
- Audio Improvements
- Lowered the volume of the Supply Drop plane.
- Players will now hear the ARAV’s engine from farther away.
- Vehicle engine sounds can now be heard more reliably when several other sounds are playing simultaneously.
- Map Improvements
- Improved mantling points at Hijacked to make it easier to enter from the water.
- Improved door placements at Hijacked.
- Improved interactivity with new elevator buttons at Hydro Dam.
- Improved some interior lighting for better visibility.
- Addressed clipping at Snowball spawn points.
- ARAV should no longer explode when riding it down the elevator at Construction Site.
- Global - Addressed issues:
- That allowed players to access and use custom rules in an online private match.
- Where the explosion from Victorious Tortoise could result in Zombies no longer attacking the player.
- Where players that stood under the effect of the Scepter of Ra's Level 3 ability could have increased health regeneration for the rest of the match.
- Where Equip Mint would not restore equipment past 1 equipment charge.
- In the Armory where the Clan Tag and Kill Counter were not visible after attaching.
- Where the Laser Sight attachment on the Hades would pulse colors when Pack-a-Punched.
- Dead of the Night
- Closed a number of exploits where players could jump on objects near the Forest Entrance and the East Stairway.
- Addressed several art issues with the Pack-a-Punch Camo on weapon attachments for certain weapons.
- Addressed an issue with endless spawning of the Werewolf with certain Custom Mutations settings set.
- Addressed an animation issue with the Crimson Nosferatu when using the Scepter of Ra as it spawned.
- Addressed a rare issue that caused player animations to get stuck as if bitten by the Crimson Nosferatu after killing one at the start of its bite attack with Alistair’s Annihilator.
- IX - Addressed issues:
- Where some of the shields in IX appeared smaller than usual.
- Where kills with a charged shot from a Serket's Kiss did not count as Pack-A-Punched weapon kills toward challenges or Callings.
- Where flame FX persisted after the Brazen Bull exploded from using Victorious Tortoise.
- Voyage of Despair – Addressed issues:
- Where zombie pathing stopped working properly in the Galley / Promenade Starboard Deck.
- Causing the Pack-a-Punch paintings to be fully revealed in Custom Mutations when using certain settings.
- Closed multiple exploits where the player could use the Ragnarok DG-5 to jump onto various objects.
- Addressed a visual issue with character and enemy shadows when electric traps were active.
- Global – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When using Electric Cherry with certain weapons.
- If a player disconnected while taking Shield damage.
- When a Water Catalyst zombie respawned.
- When several enemies would “ragdoll” upon death at the same time.
- Dead of the Night - Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When playing in splitscreen during the Main Quest.
- When Pack-a-Punching a customized ICR-7.
- Blood of the Dead - Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During the escort step in the Main Quest.
- When The Warden spawned on the roof.
- Auto Sprint
- Auto Sprint added to Options under Controls (applies to all modes). When enabled, double-click the left stick to automatically sprint throughout all actions. Pull back on the stick to cancel.
In addition to the items included under All Platforms above, the following updates are available this week on Xbox One and PC with Operation Absolute Zero:
- Zero added as a playable character unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market.
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Madagascar and Elevation available to download for Black Ops Pass holders.
- ARAV Vehicle
- Driver Position
- The ARAV is the second-fastest land vehicle behind the ATV in pure speed, and is the 2nd-toughest vehicle after the Cargo Truck. While it can shrug off a few bullets, ARAV drivers still need to be mindful of explosives and rockets headed their direction.
- Passengers have the option of staying seated within the safety of the cabin, or leaning out the window to initiate combat with weapons and equipment.
- Players can heal from the passenger seat without transitioning to leaning out. While leaning out, players still have full use of their weapons and equipment.
- Turret Gunner
- Players are placed on a mounted machine gun with 360-degree aim, perfect for providing suppressing fire or firing on enemy vehicles.
- Overheat: Extended firing will cause the turret to overheat and be temporarily disabled. The turret will be usable again after it has cooled down.
- Durability: The turret will become permanently disabled over time. Keep an eye on the turret itself, as it will begin to smoke and catch fire when its durability is reduced to zero and can no longer be used.
- Hijacked has been added to the map, docked just outside of the Construction Site.
- This “well-known” luxury yacht includes a helipad as a possible helicopter spawn point, as well as a possible vehicle spawn.
- Zero added as a playable character once unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market (no Character Mission required).
- IX Zombies Character Missions now available to find and complete to play as Gladiator versions of Scarlett, Diego, Bruno, and Shaw.
- New Weapons
- Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT Assault Rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon added.
- New ranged weapons also come in “gold” variants, fully loaded with attachments.
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Reaper added as a playable character for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Dead of the Night available to download for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Market Revamp
- 100 clearly-defined Tiers for streamlined progression.
- New item categories and more diverse content, including new weapons, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, Reticles, Mastercrafts, and more.
- Reserves now start at Tier 101.
- New shared Warpaints that can be equipped with different outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- New Zero Specialist unlocked at Tier 1.
- New Weapons
- Daemon 3XB
- 3-round burst, 0.45 cal. submachine gun.
- Fast cyclical rate of fire with improved hip fire accuracy.
- SWAT RFT
- 5.56 assault rifle.
- Moderate recoil and a fast rate of fire.
- Secret Santa
- A festive melee weapon for the holiday season.
In addition to the items included under All Platforms and Xbox One and PC above, the following PC-specific changes are coming to the PC 1.10 title update:
- Weapon Balance
- Daemon 3XB
- Increased hip-fire spread in each stance (Multiplayer and Blackout only).
- Increased hip-fire spread increase per bullet fired (Multiplayer and Blackout only).
- Custom Emblems are now visible to all players.
- Auto Mantle
- Changed the behavior of Auto Mantle to react even if the player didn't jump.
- Auto Mantle will remain turned off by default.
- Auto Sprint
- Added Auto Sprint option for gamepads.
- ADS Sensitivity
- Added a Gamepad ADS Sensitivity setting in Options.
- Weapon Camos
- Weapon Camos can now always be removed through the Personalization menu.
- Black Market
- Resolved an issue where the wrong prompts were displayed in the Black Market.
- Added a Default Spawn Selection option to select either Seraph's Tac-Deploy or Auto-Spawn by default.
- Added a Toggle/Hold option for Zero's EMP Disruptor grenade.
Source - Reddit