After a full week of teasers and plenty of hype, Black Ops 4's major event, Operation Absolute Zero, is finally live.
In what Treyarch has called their biggest Black Ops 4 update so far, Operation Absolute Zero is bringing loads of new content into the fold.
Every single game mode is receiving huge updates and new content that will give players plenty to do for the rest of the year. Absolute Zero is currently live on PS4 and will come to Xbox One and PC players on December 18.
On the Multiplayer side of things, the new Specialist, Zero, is leading the way in terms of new content. Containing an EMP grenade called 'Disruptor' and an ability called 'Icepick' that allows her hack enemy equipment and players, Zero will certainly create a whole new level of strategy.
In addition to Zero, new weapons, including the Daemon 3XB that might be named after OpTic Gaming pro Damon 'Karma' Barlow, are being added to the game as well.
A new featured playlist called Blackjack's Gun Game was also added with this huge update.
Blackout is also receiving some big updates in the form of a new location for Hijacked and a new ARAV armored vehicle.
A completely redesigned armor system hit Blackout with the v1.09 update on December 10 and stands to make armor even more important and durable in the game mode.
All the Zombies players out there have a new Winter Calling event to look forward to starting on December 13, along with new Daily Callings and the Black Ops Authenticity stamp.
Perhaps some of the deepest changes are coming to the Black Market, as Treyarch has revamped the entire store in hopes of streamlining things.
Not only will there be new content to unlock, but they've unlocked the ability to mix and match weapons to give players the ability to customize their characters however they want.
You take a look at the full list of those changes below:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Earnable Weapons: We’re introducing our first batch of new earnable weapons in the Operation Contraband stream to deploy in your Multiplayer loadouts, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
- New Specialist Unlock: Operation Absolute Zero begins in the Black Market with our new Specialist, Zero, unlockable at Tier 1 for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.
- Daily Tier Skip for Zombies: As we mentioned above, all Zombies players can earn a bonus Daily Tier Skip in the Black Market by completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.
Source - Treyarch