Call of Duty Black Ops 4 pushed through a patch that brings fixes to gameplay, stability and more.
Treyarch has released a patch designed to bring numerous fixes to Black Ops 4 gameplay, stability and much more.
The patch released on March 27 and also addresses low-population Blackout servers. The patch singles out regions in South Africa and South America, making it sound like that's the place where the issues occurred the most.
The new patch is not huge by any means but players might be interested in some of the changes, especially Blackout players having trouble finding lobbies.
This update is available on all platforms so next time you fire up Black Ops 4 you'll have to do a download.
Low-Population Region Blackout Update
As mentioned before this will be a big update to those looking to play Blackout in lesser populated parts of the world. Here's what Treyarch wrote about the Blackout update.
For our players in regions with lower player populations including parts of South Africa and South America, we’re also happy to announce that we’ve expanded your available Blackout playlists on consoles to include a second rotating playlist that is planned to cycle each week, in addition to the current global Featured Playlist and. We hope this provides more ways to enjoy Blackout while still keeping match wait times low and matchmaking quality high in these regions.
Free MKII Weapon Crate
Coming to PS4 owners first and then other platforms in a week, players will be able to get their hands on a new weapon box. Here's what Treyarch wrote about it.
Live this week on PS4 with other platforms to follow: Get your free Weapon Crate at the Black Market for a guaranteed MKII Weapon that grants +25% bonus XP per kill, plus two additional free Reserve items. This is a limited-time offer, so redeem yours before it’s gone.
March 27 Black Ops 4 Patch Notes
- Bug fixes and gameplay improvements in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Added a second rotating playlist for lower player population regions in addition to the global Featured Playlist option on consoles in Blackout.
- Redeploying multiple times in Hot Pursuit now provides players with progressive loadouts in Blackout.
- Nomad’s K9-Unit kills will now properly track toward the “Special Weapon Kills” Challenge in Multiplayer.
- Gameplay improvements and stability fixes for “Ancient Evil” in Zombies (PS4).
- Stability fix for new Zombshell Perk in Zombies (PS4).
The following updates are live on PS4, with other platforms to follow:
- Ancient Evil
- Gaia Wonder Weapon can no longer insta-kill zombies at high rounds.
- Addressed an issue with characters speaking over the Pegasus cut scene.
- Addressed visual issues that could occur when a player was downed while the “Do Not Take Damage” Tribute was active.
- Addressed a streaming issue with the Giant Drakaina on the dark side of the map.
- Addressed a rare issue where enemies could become un-targetable by wonder weapons during Main Quest Amphitheater step.
- Ancient Evil
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the Redeemed Hand of Gaia Quest.
- Zombshell Perk
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player was downed while the Zombshell Perk’s area effect was active.
- Ancient Evil
PS4 and Xbox
The following updates are live on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow:
- Thrown Equipment will now damage the correct enemy if the player changes teams while the Equipment is still active.
- Nomad’s K9-Unit kills will now properly track toward the “Special Weapon Kills” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where lobbies could occasionally become non-joinable.
- Game Modes
- Hot Pursuit
- Redeploying multiple times in Hot Pursuit now provides players with progressive loadouts, up to a final loadout stage including an MX9 and Armor.
- Hot Pursuit
- Playlist Update
- Added a second rotating playlist for lower player population regions in addition to the global Featured Playlist option. Currently set at Duos.
- Cleaned up overlapping text that sometimes appeared on the Eliminated screen.
- Host Migration
- Addressed an issue where Scarlett would always appear in the After Action Report after a host migration.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the non-host of a 2-player private game disconnected from the match.