The latest update to Black Ops 4 on March 14 is bringing much needed stability to many facets of the game including tweaks to the latest Specialist Outrider, One in the Chamber, and more.
Though Black Ops 4’s Shamrock and Awe is well underway on Playstation 4, those on Xbox One and PC still have a bit of waiting before they can indulge in the seasonal event. Xbox players will be seeing a lot of the updates in this patch along with PS4 users, while it will be coming to PC at a later date.
Outrider was just added to the game, but it seems that players have been finding some issues with her kit that’s been causing some problems. The patch will look to fix an issue with the Hawk that is preventing Stim Shot to be used after, among other problems.
The new patch will look to improve the gameplay especially in League Play. The update has added a match quit penalty notification to the competitive mode.
Meanwhile, One in the Chamber disabled the “downlinking enemy date” voiceover that was causing major headaches in longer game sessions.
New Black Ops 4 update will look to fix a slew of bugs and glitches, while making key balances along the way.
Zombies had problems with its Host Migration addressed, mainly resolving the issues with the active timer after a migration happened in a Gauntlet match.
Playstation 4 players should notice tons of fixes on Hellcatraz that will address problems with zombies not spawning. Further, players might see UI improvements when attempting to shoot before reloading during the “Load of Nonsense” and “Jump Shot” challenges.
Further, Treyarch is aiming to fix the player collision problems seen throughout Blackout in a future update. Though fans will have to wait for a bit longer, it seems like the company is making it a priority for an upcoming patch.
Fans are also getting a whole weekend of double XP and free content across all platforms, so players are going to want to make some room in their schedule for the weekend grind.
There’s a lot to unpack including extensive fixes to Zombies, Blackout and Multiplayer, so be sure to read the full patch notes below
MP DLC Free Access Weekend + 2XP/2X Merits/2X Tiers Starts Tomorrow
Starting at 10AM PT tomorrow through 10AM PT Monday, March 18, all Black Ops 4 players get free accessto all four current Black Ops Pass Multiplayer maps: Elevation, Madagascar, Casino, and Lockup! To celebrate, we’re also turning on 2XP in Multiplayer, 2XP in Zombies, 2X Merits in Blackout, and 2X Tier Progression for players on all platforms this weekend. Grab your friends, jump in, and rank up.
Gameplay Improvements and Stability Fixes
In today’s game settings update, we’ve addressed various issues that could occur when using Outrider’s Hawk, disabled the UAV sweep voiceover in One in the Chamber (it was getting a little too spammy after long sessions), added match quit penalty notifications to League Play, made various stability improvements to Multiplayer and Blackout, implemented gameplay improvements for our new “Hellcatraz” Gauntlet in Zombies on PS4, and more.
In Blackout, we’ve reduced the damage and range of the Purifier, and reduced the amount of fire resistance provided by the Reinforced Perk. We’re also aware of an issue with increased friendly player collision in Multiplayer and are working on a fix as we speak. Stay tuned for further updates.
Shamrock & Awe Details
Our Shamrock & Awe seasonal event continues in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies on PS4 and kicks off on Xbox One and PC next week, running through the month of March. This year’s Shamrock & Awe event delivers fun new thematic in-game experiences across all modes, including:
- St. Patrick’s Stockpile
- This event brings a new game mode with Stockpile, inspired by Black Ops 3’s Fracture with a St. Patrick’s Day twist. Bank enemy shamrocks and deposit them at the nearest pot of gold to claim victory.
- Contraband Hurricane
- We’re always looking to deliver fun new takes on our MP maps as we ramp up to the next Operation’s drop of new DLC maps, and Contraband Hurricane offers a distinct stormy weather variant of one of our favorite maps. Contraband Hurricane is available free to all players with this update.
- Seasonal Map Makeover
- A new springtime update has arrived in Blackout, including all-new lighting, upgraded dynamic grass, green-colored smoke, and other St. Patrick’s Day-themed changes.
- Pot-o-Gold Stashes
- Treasures await those who find the Pot-o-Gold stashes hidden throughout Blackout during the event. If you spot one, it’s your lucky day!
- Homunculus Leprechaun Hoards
- If you’re clever enough to track down one of these little guys dancing a jig out there, attack him and swipe his loot! As the old saying goes, leprechauns love tactical weapons with maxed-out attachments.
- Green-Eyed Zombies
- Those fancy eyes aren’t just for show. Look for these special zombies in Classic Chaos story maps during the event to uncover a special reward...
- New Seasonal Easter Egg
- Follow the rainbow to unlock a St. Patrick’s Day surprise.
- Free Personalization Items:
- “Precious” Gesture
- All players unlock a new St. Patrick’s Day-themed Gesture by logging in during Shamrock & Awe.
- “Shamrock & Awe” Animated Calling Card
- Get your free seasonal animated Calling Card when you log in while the event is active.
Let us know your thoughts on St. Patrick’s Stockpile, Contraband Hurricane, our newest seasonal Blackout updates, and your latest adventures in Zombies! Our next major game update is just around the corner when Shamrock & Awe wraps up, including our next Black Ops 4 Zombies map, new MP game modes, an all-new Blackout experience, and much more.
CWL Fort Worth Kicks Off Tomorrow
Tune into CWL Fort Worth this weekend to watch 16 Pro League teams + up to 256 amateur teams compete at our second CWL open event of the 2019 season. The numbers are in, and CWL Fort Worth is already projected to be one of the highest-attended CWL events of all time!
Watch the action unfold all weekend long: twitch.tv/callofduty
Read on below for the patch notes on what’s new since our last update:
- Addressed various issues when using Outrider’s Hawk.
- Added match quit penalty notification to League Play.
- Addressed POV issues during Killcam for kills with the Thresher.
- Disabled UAV sweep voiceover in One in the Chamber.
- Reduced damage over time and range of Purifier in Blackout.
- Reduced Reinforced Perk damage mitigation against fire in Blackout.
- Gameplay improvements for “Hellcatraz” Gauntlet in Zombies.
- Stability improvements in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Various improvements and bug fixes across all modes.
The following updates are now live on consoles, with PC to follow:
- Game Modes
- One in the Chamber
- Disabled “downlinking enemy data” radar sweep voiceover.
- Addressed an issue that could cause EKIAs from properly registering in Heist.
- Addressed an issue preventing Stim Shot use after using the Hawk.
- Addressed an issue causing a double reticle to appear when using the Sparrow, then the Hawk.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Killcam for the Thresher to display the incorrect point of view.
- Custom Games
- Addressed an issue that could prevent Equipment cooldown from functioning properly in Custom Games.
- Addressed a text overlap issue in the lobby in the map voting area.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Mesh Mines in certain cases.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred while playing Stockpile with bots.
World League Hub
- Added red penalty text to the Quit Match popup to clearly indicate new match quit penalty.
- Updated the World League Rank Calling Card description to include the card’s rank.
- Reduced damage over time.
- Reduced range.
- Reduced Reinforced Perk fire resistance.
- Recon Car
- Resolved a UI error that could occur when activating a Recon Car.
- Grapple Gun
- Resolved an issue causing players to hold the Grapple Gun with the wrong hand when viewed in third-person.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Echelon images from appearing in the Merit Report screen.
- Removed erroneous description text for the Medic Perk that referenced faster healing.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Spectate button from functioning on the Elimination screen until Skip had been pressed.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading into Blackout in splitscreen**.**
- Host Migration
- Addressed various issues relating to having an active timer up when host migration occurred during a Gauntlet match.
- Addressed an issue causing AI to not target players after a host migration while loading into a map.
- Addressed a UI error that occurred when entering the Personalize Menu of the Armory for weapons that are disabled in the Edit Game Rules Menu.
- Addressed an issue that caused a progress bar from appearing when throwing Equipment.
- Blood of the Dead
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when the player killed themselves inside the Acid Trap.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when certain visual effects were attached to the player.
- Dead of the Night
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur during the Stake Knife Quest.
- Addressed an issue that prevented a user that was previously a party host from entering game modes that could not be entered with the previous party.
The following updates are now live on PS4, with other platforms to follow:
- Game Modes
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when leaving a Stockpile match that is in progress.
- Resolved an issue that caused the drop-off location to appear as a black square on 4k displays.
- Game Modes
- Adjusted text on the Elimination Screen to indicate the proper game type.
- Addressed an issue causing zombies to rarely not spawn in appropriately on Round 12.
- Addressed an issue causing zombies to rarely stop spawning if the player moved quickly through the Catwalk zone.
- Added additional UI feedback on the HUD when players attempt to shoot without reloading first during the “Load of Nonsense” challenge.
- Added additional UI feedback on the HUD when players attempt to shoot without jumping during the “Jump Shot” challenge.
- Black Market
- Free “Shamrock & Awe Calling Card” will no longer become unequipped after restarting the game.