Call of Duty developers Treyarch have released another update for Black Ops 4 on July 10, and we’re here to make sure you’re caught up on the details.
With Operation Apocalypse Z finally launching in Black Ops 4, at least on the PlayStation 4, Treyarch have followed it up with a game settings update addressing some of the minor aspects of the game.
Although not nearly as big as the update the went live a day before, the July 10 patch still implemented some changes in Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout battle royale, the full details of which can be seen below.
Changes in Blackout
Today’s update disabled the Reaper as a playable character in Blackout, citing an issue that was “preventing Reaper’s footstep audio from playing properly.” The Reaper will be made available when next week’s update goes live, which is set to include a fix.
In addition, several issues were fixed in the Alcatraz mode, as well as making Alistair’s Folly available in Mystery Boxes and preventing the Hawk from being used to block the Warden’s movements.
We’ve temporarily removed Reaper from Blackout on PS4 due to an issue preventing Reaper’s footstep audio from playing properly. A fix is in the works for an update next week – thanks for your patience.
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) July 10, 2019
New League Play restrictions
The launch of Operation Apocalypse Z introduced two new weapons in Multiplayer – the Reaver C86 crossbow and Backhander melee weapon.
The July 10 patch has now restricted both weapons from the World League Hub, meaning that they can no longer be used in League Play matches.
‘Alpha Omega’ Zombies map fixes
The launch of the highly-anticipated Alpha Omega Zombies map did not come without its fair share of issues and bugs.
A large chunk of the major issues were addressed in the July 10 update, including crashes that would occur as players reached specific points in the story-line.
The full patch notes for the July 10 game settings update is available below, as provided by Treyarch on Reddit. Keep in mind that this update is only available on the PS4, since Apocalypse Z won’t be launching on the Xbox One and PC until next week.
- Temporarily suspended Reaper from character selection due to an issue preventing footstep audio from playing properly.
- David Mason will now be available to players who unlocked him previously.
- Alistair’s Folly can now be found in Mystery Boxes.
- Hawk can no longer be used to block the Warden’s movements.
- Brought the sway on the Locus in line with other sniper rifles.
- “Alpha Omega”
- Addressed an issue that prevented users from entering codes for Rushmore.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players triggered the Main Quest boss fight when a Side Quest was still active.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while fighting Nova Bombers that had recently teleported.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player disconnected as the Trophy for surviving 20 rounds popped up.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player died or disconnected immediately after activating Blood Wolf Bite.
- Additional general stability fixes.
- Added missing image for Vendetta MKII in the Armory.
- Game Modes
- Bolt-Action Barebones
- Restricted new non-sniper rifle weapons from gameplay.
- Added missing images to the Argus Diamond Camo unlock notification.
- Bolt-Action Barebones
WORLD LEAGUE HUB
- Restricted the Reaver C86 from World League matches.
- Added animated Master Calling Cards for Operation Apocalypse Z.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a crash after unwrapping the Weaponized 115 Reactive Camo in-game.
- Black Market
- Addressed an issue that caused some images in the Black Market to appear stretched.