The first major game update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 was rolled out by Treyarch on October 14, addressing issues in multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout.
With only two days passed since launch on October 12, Treyarch has been keeping a keen eye on all bugs, glitches and other gameplay frustrations from the community.
The game settings update released on October 14 has addressed the bulk of these issues, while there are still some more possible changes being considered by the development team.
The headline change here is good news for Zombies fans, as they have rolled out a balancing pass update.
For multiplayer, only a couple of main adjustments have been made, with a fix to a camo bug and camo unlock requirements for some weapons, as well a scorestreak bug. However, no mention of the glitch causing private matches to end after only 7 rounds.
For Blackout, you should no longer have a problem selecting the Ajax character, and the pesky trauma kit glitch on PC (where it just wouldn't work), has been addressed too.
If there is an issue you expected to be addressed but isn't Treyarch does insert that this is not an 'exhaustive' list and that they are tracking everything across social channels.
Full details of all changes can be found below
Black Ops 4 Full Patch Notes - October 14
Launch Weekend continues! As promised, we’ve included our first big Zombies balancing pass in today’s update, as well as some additional improvements across all modes. Take a look below.
We’ve made the following changes to the game today (Global):
- General stability and crash fixes across all modes.
- Gameplay Balancing
- Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
- Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.
- Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.
- Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).
- Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.
- Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.
- Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.
- Gameplay Balancing
- Mastercraft camos can now be properly unlocked.
- Adjusted unlock requirements for the active camo on various Signature Weapons (MX9, GKS, ICR-7, Strife, SG12).
- Prevented Scorestreak kills from counting toward progress in certain Challenges.
- Addressed an issue that occasionally prevented players from unlocking Ajax.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would occasionally not work properly.
Here are some of the hot topics we’re currently tracking and/or working on for a future update:
- PC Crashes
- We’re tracking a number of these across several different configurations, and the team at Beenox is working to identify and fix these as they come up. Watch /u/TreyarchPC and @TreyarchPC on Twitter for PC-specific Black Ops 4 updates, and please be as descriptive as possible when reporting crashes (for example, “error code Negative 345 Sky Wolf”) and what was happening in the game at the time of your crash. Every bit of info helps the team track and squash these issues.
- Map Spawns
- We adjusted spawns in Domination in yesterday’s update, and have seen reports of map spawn issues across other MP modes. We’re investigating these now and will address as necessary in upcoming updates.
- Progression Issues
- We’re investigating reported issues where some users have experienced a temporary loss in some progression stats, while others have reported Hardcore wins not counting toward Challenge progression, and/or losing a match already in progress counting as a loss. Our teams are on it.
- Weapon Camo Issues
- We’ve seen reports of instances where certain camos can cover up the Optic on your weapon. This is on the list for a fix in the near future.
Please note that the list above isn’t exhaustive, and that we’re tracking everything across this subreddit and the rest of our social channels to ensure we’re constantly prioritizing our focus. Keep your feedback coming, and please let us know what you think about today’s Zombies balancing pass! We’re just getting started.