For the third time in as many days, Treyarch has released an update for Black Ops 4 that introduces some new content for Xbox One and PC players.
With the holiday season in high gear by this point, Black Ops 4 isn't being left behind and has kicked off a few different holiday-themed activities for players to dig into.
These holiday events went live on PlayStation 4 last week, but are now available to all players with the December 20 update.
In addition to both the Holiday Event Stream, Blackout Holiday Event, and Zombies Winter Calling the December 20 update contains a few important fixes to other aspects of the game for all players.
The most prominent of the fixes comes in the form of the addressing of an issue that prevented certain Reactive Camos from displaying as completed and would also show up as wrapped on the ground.
With these fixes, the newly-enable camos in Blackout should once again be working as intended.
Other minor fixes included a Zombies specific bug that would break enemy pathing along with a Multiplayer issue that was causing a 'hacked' UI to show on players screens for the entire match after dying to a hacked Gunship.
While this was surely a minor update compared to the others that dropped earlier in the week, Black Ops 4 is still riding the high of the v1.09 patch that was biggest in the game's history.
You can read the full December 20 patch notes below:
Dec. 20 Update: Holiday Event in Blackout / Winter Calling in Zombies / Winter Event Stream on Xbox One and PC, Reactive Camo Fixes in Blackout
Happy holidays! With today’s update, players on all platforms can enjoy new content in all three modes with our Holiday Event in Blackout, Winter Event stream in the Black Market, and Winter Calling in Zombies! Details below:
Blackout Holiday Event
For a limited time, Blackout players get access to tactical Snowballs, festive lighting and decorations throughout the map, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes in time for the holidays. Jump into a match to see if you can secure the Victory with a final Snowball kill. We’ll be watching.
Winter Event Stream
Unlock new Warpaints and Gestures to use in Multiplayer and Blackout through our new free Winter Event loot stream in the Black Market! These new tiers will appear in the Contraband section of the Black Market, and you’ll unlock new content as you complete each new tier along with your current Operation Absolute Zero progress and any active Special Order tiers simultaneously.
Zombies Winter Calling
Complete unique challenges in Zombies to unlock a new round of exclusive personalization items to use in Zombies for a limited time! Check the Barracks to find these challenges, which can be progressed simultaneously with your current Daily Calling challenges to double up on Zombies rewards.
Here’s what’s new in today’s game update:
- Blackout Holiday Event: Snowballs, festive lighting/decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes now live (Xbox One/PC)
- Winter Event Stream in Black Market for MP and Blackout now live (Xbox One/PC)
- Winter Calling in Zombies now live (Xbox One/PC)
- Reactive Camo display issue fixes in Blackout
- Enemy HUD fix for Killcam in Blackout
- Dead of the Night added as Featured Playlist in Zombies
- Misc. fixes in MP and Zombies
- Limited-time Winter Event stream now live in the Black Market with new items to unlock for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Holiday Event now live in Blackout.
- Added Snowballs, holiday lighting & decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes.
- Limited-time Winter Calling event stream now live with new personalization items to unlock in the Zombies Barracks.
- Reactive Camos
- Addressed an issue that prevented unwrapped Reactive Camos from displaying as completed in the After Action Report.
- Addressed an issue where unwrapped Reactive Camos would appear wrapped on the ground.
- Outfit Unlocks
- Addressed an issue with the unlock condition for “The Numbers” outfit for Seraph (PS4).
- Contraband Stashes will now properly spawn on all platforms.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the enemy HUD from appearing during the Killcam.
- Addressed an issue where “hacked” UI showed up for the rest of the match for players who watched the Killcam after being killed by a Gunship that was being hacked.
- Featured Playlist
- Dead of the Night is now the Featured Playlist.
- Closed an exploit that would allow specific uses of the Scepter of Ra to break enemy pathing.
Source - Reddit