Following the release of Operation Absolute Zero, Treyarch has released a lengthy game settings update to flesh out all the new content.
Operation Absolute Zero launched for Black Ops 4 on December 11 and brought along with it tons of new features for players to dig into.
With a new Multiplayer Specialist, Hijacked in Blackout, and new Zombies features, there was a bit of something for everyone.
For all the Prophet mains out there, we'll get this one out the way first thing. The Specialist has been nerfed, with it now requiring more accuracy to land consistent shots.
Additionally, Dark Matter has received a hotfix to prevent players from being able to select it, with the new Specialist, Zero, also seeing a quick fix to prevent any issues in selecting her.
In Blackout, not only was Hijacked added to the map with the Operation Absolute Zero update, but the new ARAV armored vehicle should add some new wrinkles for players looking to change things up in the battle royale mode.
Black Ops 3 fans got a treat in this update, as well, with he addition of Reaper as an unlockable character to use in Blackout.
Zombies fans will also not want to miss this update, as a brand-new map was added featuring a cast of famous celebrities attending a party in 1912 England.
That wasn't it, however, as Daily Callings, the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp, and Daily Tier Skips all went live on December 11 with the update.
You can find the full patch notes for the December 11 update below:
Dec. 11 Update: Operation Absolute Zero Now Live on PS4 + New Zombies Features, Dark Matter Fix, and more on PS4/Xbox One
Operation Absolute Zero is now live first on PS4! This huge new Operation delivers tons of new content across all modes:
- Multiplayer: Meet Zero, our newest Specialist armed with devastating hacking abilities, including the new EMP Disruptor grenade.
- Blackout: Black Ops 2’s Hijacked has been added as Blackout’s newest destination, along with the new ARAV armored vehicle and new IX Zombies Character Missions to find and complete.
- Zombies: Three new Zombies features are now live – Daily Callings, the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system, and Daily Tier Skips for Zombies on all platforms (PC coming soon).
- Black Market: A revamped 100-Tier system for simpler and more rewarding progression is here, featuring new earnable Blackout characters, Mastercrafts, Epic Outfits, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, and new Multiplayer weapons: the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
And for Black Ops Pass holders, we’ve launched our first drop of content, including two new Multiplayer Maps, a new Zombies experience, and the newest exclusive Blackout character first on PS4:
- Multiplayer Maps: Elevation and Madagascar join the map rotation, now playable in our new Map Pack Moshpit this week on PS4.
- Dead of the Night: Party up to take on a chilling new Zombies adventure set in 1912 England, featuring a full celebrity cast (Kiefer Sutherland, Helena Bonham Carter, Brian Blessed, and Charles Dance) and a host of deadly new enemies, traps, special weapons, Easter Eggs, and much more to discover.
- Reaper Arrives in Blackout: “Safety protocols disengaged.” Everyone’s favorite experimental war robot from Black Ops 3 drops into Blackout to murder everything.
New MP playlists have arrived today as well, including Blackjack’s Gun Game on PS4 featuring the new Daemon 3XB SMG and SWAT RFT assault rifle, as well as Map Pack Moshpit for Black Ops Pass holders who want to grind the latest MP maps.
We’ve also heard our Mercenary players loud and clear, and we’re adding at least one Mercenary playlist to the Featured category each week for the foreseeable future. Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit joins the fray this week, including TDM 85 and Kill Confirmed 75 with no parties allowed.
You can find all the details on Operation Absolute Zero at last week’s official Treyarch Blog. Here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Zero added for use in MP and Blackout (PS4)
- Hijacked, ARAV, new weapons, and IX Zombies Character Missions added in Blackout (PS4)
- Revamped Black Market with 100 Tiers, including new weapons (PS4)
- Daily Callings, Black Ops Authenticity Stamp, Daily Tier Skips added to Zombies (PS4/Xbox One)
- MP Featured Playlists updated (PS4/Xbox One)
- Prophet’s Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit targets (PS4/Xbox One)
- Fixes for Dark Matter bug and Zero-related crashes in MP (PS4/Xbox One)
- Prestigious Award fix in Zombies (PS4/Xbox One)
- Black Ops Pass content added: 2 new MP Maps, new Zombies experience, Reaper in Blackout (PS4)
We’ve made the following updates on PS4 with Operation Absolute Zero:
- Zero added as a playable character unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market.
- Fixed crashes related to Zero’s Equipment. [updated 4PM PT]
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Madagascar and Elevation playable for Black Ops Pass holders.
Introducing the ARAV, Blackout’s first combat-centric vehicle. The ARAV is a three-player vehicle featuring three positions:
- The ARAV is the second-fastest land vehicle behind the ATV in pure speed, and is the 2nd-toughest vehicle after the Cargo Truck. While it can shrug off a few bullets, ARAV drivers still need to be mindful of explosives and rockets headed their direction.
- As the passenger, players have the option of staying seated within the safety of the cabin, or leaning out the window to initiate combat with scavenged weapons and equipment. Players enter the Passenger Seat with weapons lowered and equipment unavailable.
- To change from sitting in the seat to leaning out the window, press Aim Down Sights (ADS), Fire, or Use Equipment buttons.
- To re-enter the vehicle when leaning out, press the Re-enter or Switch Seat button.
- Players can heal from within the confines of the ARAV passenger seat without transitioning to leaning out. While leaning out, players still have full use of their weapons and equipment.
- Turret Gunner
- In the Turret position, players are placed on a mounted machine gun with 360-degree aim, perfect for providing suppressing fire or firing on enemy vehicles.
- Turret firing is metered by two mechanics: Overheat and Durability.
- Overheat: Extended firing will cause the turret to overheat and be temporarily disabled. The turret will be usable again after it has cooled down.
- Durability: The turret will become permanently disabled over time. Keep an eye on the turret itself, as it will begin to pour smoke and ultimately catch fire when its durability is reduced to zero and can no longer be used.
- Hijacked has been added to the map, docked just outside of the Construction Site.
- This “well-known” luxury yacht has received some much-needed improvements, featuring a helipad as a possible helicopter spawn point, as well as a possible vehicle spawn.
- Made improvements to mantling in Hijacked location [updated 4PM PT]
- Zero added as a playable character once unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market (no Character Mission required).
- IX Zombies Character Missions now available to find and complete to play as Gladiator versions of Scarlett, Diego, Bruno, and Shaw.
- For 24 hours, Firing Range contains an over-abundance of new weapons.
- New ranged weapons also come in “gold” variants, fully loaded with attachments.
- Once the 24-hour time-period is up, new ranged weapons will be found in the world at the normal item spawn frequency.
Black Ops Pass Content
- Reaper added as a playable character for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Dead of the Night now live for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Market Revamp
- 100 clearly-defined Tiers for streamlined progression.
- New item categories and more diverse content, including new weapons, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, Reticles, Mastercrafts, and more.
- Reserves now start at Tier 101.
- New shared Warpaints that can be equipped with different outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- New Zero Specialist unlocked at Tier 1.
- New Weapons
- Daemon 3XB
- 3-round burst, 0.45 cal. submachine gun.
- Fast cyclical rate of fire with improved hip fire accuracy.
- SWAT RFT
- 5.56 assault rifle.
- Moderate recoil and a fast rate of fire.
- Secret Santa
- A festive melee weapon for the holiday season.
PS4 AND XBOX ONE
In addition to the changes in our new 1.09 title update, the following changes are also now live on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow:
- Featured Playlists
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist (PS4).
- Gun Game with 3 new Operation Absolute Zero weapons added to rotation.
- Map Pack Moshpit added to Featured for Black Ops Pass holders (PS4).
- Maps: Elevation, Madagascar.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint.
- Mercenary Capture Moshpit added as Featured Playlist (Xbox One).
- Game Modes: Domination, Control, Hardpoint
- Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- 6v6, no parties allowed.
- Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit its target.
- Dark Matter
- Addressed an issue players experienced with keeping Dark Matter equipped from match to match. [updated 4PM PT]
- Daily Callings
- Daily Callings added to the Barracks in Zombies.
- Players can complete new Daily Callings challenges for bonus Zombies XP and Nebulium Plasma each day.
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp feature added to the After Action Report after each match.
- Players can enter their unique 4-word code generated in the After Action Report at http://callofduty.com/boasto share their accomplishments with the world.
- Stats tracked include:
- Number of kills, deaths, downs, revives, headshots, and rounds survived.
- Map selection, game type, numbers of players, and difficulty attempted.
- Special Weapons, Equipment, and Talismans used.
- Perks and Elixirs equipped.
- Number of Elixirs consumed.
- Match duration, score spent, final score, and more.
- Daily Tier Skip
- Added Daily Tier Skip credit for reaching Round 15 in a game of Classic Zombies each day (now live on both consoles).
- Fixed a crash that occurred when upgrading the Blundergat to the Magmagat.
- Prestigious Award
- Now properly tracks progress for attaining max level or Prestige with 25 different weapons in Zombies.
Let us know what you think of all the new Operation Absolute Zero content in the content below, and as always, keep your feedback coming! We’ve got more in-game content coming later this month and can’t wait to share more details. See you online.
Source - Reddit