The Black Market of the Multiplayer of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will be receiving some considerable changes in the very near future.
With Treyarch’s announcement of ‘Operation Absolute Zero,’ the next major content drop in Black Ops 4 coming December 11, the Black Market will be revamped to include new ways to unlock the new content that is coming to the game.
Starting December 11, which is when Absolute Zero kicks off on PlayStation 4, the Black Market will have a simpler and more rewarding Tier progression system, and will feature new content that has been commonly requested by the community, such as mixing and matching Warpaints with different outfits.
The new Black Market will feature 100 clearly defined Tiers, rather than the 200 in Operation First Strike, and each Tier can be previewed off the bat.
It will be progressing through these Tiers that will earn players the three new unlockable weapons in Multiplayer, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT Assault Rifle, and the Secret Santa melee weapon.
The Black Market is also how players will be able to unlock the brand new Specialist Zero, who will be unlockable by reaching Tier 1 in Multiplayer and Blackout.
Treyarch are also promising new item categories and more diverse content, including Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints, and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants, such as the ABR 223 Mastercraft.
There will also be new Blackout characters from the Ultimis Zombies heroes coming to the Black Market, as the old-school Nikolai will be unlockable at Tier 45.
One major change being introduced to the Black Market is that cosmetic Reserves will now be available after reaching Tier 100, which means that players will know what they will be getting in each tier right from the start.
The full notes for all of what’s coming to the Black Market can be seen below in their entirety, as provided by Treyarch in their latest blog post:
The Black Market has been newly revamped for the launch of Operation Absolute Zero to streamline the system, make Tier progression simpler and more rewarding, and add new types of content that have been commonly requested from the community. Players have also asked for the ability to mix and match Warpaints with different outfits, and gain access to Warpaints without having to own a corresponding outfit.
Here’s what’s new in the Black Market with Operation Absolute Zero:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Earnable Weapons: We’re introducing our first batch of new earnable weapons in the Operation Contraband stream to deploy in your Multiplayer loadouts, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
- New Specialist Unlock: Operation Absolute Zero begins in the Black Market with our new Specialist, Zero, unlockable at Tier 1 for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.
- Daily Tier Skip for Zombies: As we mentioned above, all Zombies players can earn a bonus Daily Tier Skip in the Black Market by completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.