The first official reveal of Apex Legends Season 4: Assimilation confirmed that the new Legend will be none other than Forge, and we've got everything there is to know about the Augmented Brawler.
Respawn Entertainment sent the Apex Legends community into a frenzy of excitement on January 23, giving players their first look at the upcoming Season 4.
As was the case with the first three seasons, this next chapter will introduce a new Legend into the game, Forge, which was one of two likely candidates along with Revenant.
Forge is a brawny humanoid character who received some cybernetic enhancements to his body, giving his already-menacing figure an extra layer of threat.
- Read More: Everything to know from Season 4 reveal
In the announcement, Respawn had this to say about him: "confident yet humble, Forge uses his size, strength, and heavy-duty Shatter Gauntlets to batter his opponents into submission."
Forge's abilities for Apex Legends Season 4
Unfortunately, in their announcement, Respawn stopped short of revealing what abilities Forge will feature. However, over the past couple of months, dataminers have found and leaked the abilities from back-end game files.
There are six leaked abilities in total, two each for Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate. However, it's unlikely that the character will have all six, since every other Legend only has three. Instead, the developers probably just chose three out of the list.
There's also a good chance that his actual abilities have something to do with the "Shatter Gauntlets" Respawn mentioned in the announcement.
FORGE'S LEAKED TACTICAL ABILITIES
- Pull Shot (Hook): Short-range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
FORGE'S LEAKED ULTIMATE ABILITIES
- K.O. Punch (High Jump): Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two (One-Two Punch): Bullrush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
FORGE'S LEAKED PASSIVE ABILITIES
- On The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is. Dealing melee damage gives you temporary overshield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds.
Forge's lore and backstory
As most know, Respawn puts a lot of emphasis on providing a thorough backstory and lore for each Legend, adding depth and complexity to the whole Apex Legends experience.
While Forge's lore hasn't been fully unveiled yet, the devs did reveal that the new Legend is known to be a five-time Hyperfighting Federation champion who is now sponsored by Hammond Robotics, a fictional corporation that originated in Respawn's Titanfall series.
(Forge segment begins at 11:05 mark for mobile users)
"Big personality, he's conquered the MMA world and now he wants to conquer another world with the Apex Games," said Tom Casiello, game writer. "Also, the first Legend we're introducing that's corporate-sponsored and his sponsor is Hammond Robotics. Are they good? Are they bad? You'll have to play and find out."
It looks like Hammond Robotics will play some sort of role in Season 4, so players should definitely keep an eye out for that as the story develops.